A loaf of bread at Aldi

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatknot

Established Member
Reaction score
Well off I went for a loaf of bread from Aldi

Came away with a trolley jack !

as you do ;-)

I used to have a trolley jack but lent it to someone, never to be seen again

Decided after using a scissor jack to change some brake pads that a trolley jack might be a good idea, so looked around and the cheapest was a £24 one on Amazon

But my trip to Aldi proved timely, picking up a loaf, I went to a freezer and they had run out of the item I wanted so walked down an aisle I wouldn't have done otherwise, on the row of stillages with offers I saw a red label for trolley jack @ £16.99, just one left where the box end was open but it looked complete, so picked it up, as I was on a bike I asked if I could pay for it and pick it up in the morning, no problem there so took the code to the checkout, she ran it through and said it that a trolley jack at £12.99

I said are you sure as the label said £16.99, yes she says, they sometimes do that

So a bargain was had :)

Been telling SHMBO for years that Aldi bread was heavy and doughy. Never entered my mind to pick it up with a Trolley Jack though.

To be fair to Aldi, I prefer their bread to several others ;-)

Its a clever marketing policy they have, rarely do I go in and come out with just the item I went in for, it just amuses me that I go in for a mundane loaf and come out with something completely different (and the loaf) ;-)

Sounds like a proper bargain. But for £12.99 don't get under the car without axle stands in place.
I spent £180 on mine and still don't go under without axle stands or wheel ramps.

Oh absolutely, I would never get under a vehicle without decent axle stands, wheel wedges etc

Slightly different I know but I saw the effects of a car dropping off a two post lift in a workshop

Not a pretty sight

So every care is taken believe me

You don't need all that axle stand malarkey if you are wearing an Aldi Wetsuit. The chassis will just bounce up and down until you move out the way. That's what they are for. I thought everyone knew this. Its simple stuff tbh.
Personally I am waiting for Aldi to open up a weekly weaponry selection. Sod the mowers and cheap tulip bulbs.
Assassins Rifle in breakdown faux aluminium x-ray proof stow case: £44.99 Might shoot straight.
Marvellous.

Back