Lidl visit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oraclebhoy

Established Member
Reaction score
So, today is the day that Lidl started to sell their electric Brad nailer (I don’t have the room or authorisation for a compressor) so at 8:15 am I was there along with a number of other bargain hunters.
Picked up the Brad nailer and some drill bits and bobs.
Got home and texted “she who must be obeyed” the great news, was told to take the nailer back as she had a £5 voucher I could use, so doing as told I went back and got a £17.99 refund. Then waited for 20 minutes for the boss to arrive, we then went back in to purchase the nailer, this time for £12.99 😃
10 minutes later I’m leaving the checkout having just paid £64 for extra stuff we needed.
So I was actually better off first time around paying £17.99. 😒

So, today is the day that Lidl started to sell their electric Brad nailer (I don’t have the room or authorisation for a compressor) so at 8:15 am I was there along with a number of other bargain hunters.
Picked up the Brad nailer and some drill bits and bobs.
Got home and texted “she who must be obeyed” the great news, was told to take the nailer back as she had a £5 voucher I could use, so doing as told I went back and got a £17.99 refund. Then waited for 20 minutes for the boss to arrive, we then went back in to purchase the nailer, this time for £12.99 😃
10 minutes later I’m leaving the checkout having just paid £64 for extra stuff we needed.
So I was actually better off first time around paying £17.99. 😒

Have you used it yet?

Any good? Jamming issues? Enough force to sink the entire nail?

Bought the angle grinder, only require it for occasional us. Just took off 2 old nails embedded in an old garage rafter. On the third nail it literally exploded!!

Taking it back..... Not for a replacement.

Last edited:
Have you used it yet?

Bought the angle grinder, only require it for occasional us. Just took off 2 old nails embedded in an old garage rafter. On the third nail it literally exploded!!

don't like the idea of that much, no injuries I hope

don't like the idea of that much, no injuries I hope
IMG_20210129_061900.jpg

All fingers accounted for

Have you used it yet?

I just got one of these! :(

I take it the disk exploded - not the entire machine? The disks are expendable, and the narrow cutting disks can come apart alarmingly - it's quite exciting when it happens. Get some good quality disks and keep soldiering on - just don't look down on it edge on, so when it next explosively disassembles itself your eyes/face aren't in the line of fire. Full face protection is recommended for a reason.

I take it the disk exploded - not the entire machine? The disks are expendable, and the narrow cutting disks can come apart alarmingly - it's quite exciting when it happens. Get some good quality disks and keep soldiering on - just don't look down on it edge on, so when it next explosively disassembles itself your eyes/face aren't in the line of fire. Full face protection is recommended for a reason.

I posted a picture. It was the grinder itself! It was short browningly exciting then it went I assure you!

I bought the nailer / stapler. So far I am actually really impressed. 30mm nails in pine lumber, no problem. Manages 20mm in hard wood. Does great with the staples. Will only have light work with me so worth it.

Note that the staples are only 6mm breadth, so not the standard ones from your local hardware. Available via EBay though.

I hope you didn't drop it Nick, they might not take it back if you dropped it :oops:

Kept hold of it. I assumed it was the disc breaking. But then realised the was plastic all over the place.

The refunded no questions asked..... They didn't seem overly concerned the thing exploded for no obvious reason though which I thought was odd.

Luck of the draw with these sorts of things is suppose.

The refunded no questions asked..... They didn't seem overly concerned the thing exploded for no obvious reason though which I thought was odd.

I'm not surprised by that, when all is said and done it's a supermarket, returning a faulty grinder is the same as returning a bag of carrots that has gone mouldy. If I'm honest I'm not sure how different a responce you'd get at screwfix, b and q or anywhere else, it is just taking money and pressing buttons on the till, not trying to be rude about staff members, I just think that is the nature of the job, if you'd have asked to talk to the manager you'd probably have got a different response.

glad you weren't injured

Back