a little help? beer tokens for work

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gandy

Established Member
Reaction score
im in need for some inlays to be cut, i have yet to make them (30mm dia x 5mm-ish thick) that ill do on my lathe, but not having a scroll saw means i cant to what i have in mind.

inlay.jpg

its not quite evan, but it gives you the idea, and yes it is a Swastika, and just incase you think im nazi, please look it up a learn about the true meaning of the Swastika and why i wish to use them for some jewellery im making

anyone who can help me out please PM me and let me know if you want something for them.

cheers

Sorry Gandy, but i'm just waiting for my saw to arrive. It needs a little fettling apparently and I need to practise before I could offer to help. How thick is the inlay? If it's very thin could you cut it with a craft knife? If you only need a couple you could try a hand fret saw?

Rob.

would be around 5mm thick, the problem is with what i make, things need to be as close to being perfect as possible, if someone does a good job, more work could be sent their way, im in no real rush, but it would be nice to get it done and out of the way.

gandy. Where are you located in west sussex?

I have a scroll saw that you can have on extended lone but you'd need to come and pick it up. I'm near Dartford, Kent.

the down side to that is i cant drive, and asking my father to drive me over is a bit off, but thanks for the offer

I think you could easily make that with a dovetail saw, some home made jigs and a hand fretsaw.

PM sent mate, but i dont drink :wink:

edit:
cant understand why you never replied to my PM, it was only an offer of help, never mind.

Back