A hello and a thanyou.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creampuff

Established Member
Reaction score
Firstly allow me to introduce myself.

I'm Andy, and thanks to yourselfs I have just finished my first little workshop (9.6x30ft) along with a nice block paved path that I must admit i'm pretty proud of :wink:
And have since purchased my first couple of tools. A cheapo Ryobi thicknesser for cleaning up wood that I get from work (pallets and packing crates)

A cheapo Titan table saw, that... does the job its inteded for, and last but certainly not least, a Triton MOF (thanks to your kind recommendations) and a Dakota router table from Rutland. (god damn i love that site!! :shock: )

Hopefully at some point in the future, I will see about getting a decent camera, so as to be able to let you all see my wood butchering.

But for the time being I would like to thank all of you for the VAST
amount of knowledge and humour that you all bring to this fantastic forum, and I hope at some point in the future I'll be able to give some advice and help of my own...

After plenty of practice first though :wink:

Thanks again

Andy

Hello,and welcome :D

Three posts to beat the spam trap,after that,we expect pictures :wink:

Andrew

Welcome aboard Andy, as you already know this place is great
but it wouldn't be half as good if we didn't have new people
joining in to help increase each other's knowledge. :wink:

Hello and welcome, I've been here about a year now and they're a good bunch except for their bad influence on my plane purchasing

Nice work Sim, your little emoticon has reminded me that I've got a couple of Speckled Hens in the fridge :D

Ironballs":93ibjsgy said:
Nice work Sim, your little emoticon has reminded me that I've got a couple of Speckled Hens in the fridge :D

It's a thursday night, so why not! I've just cracked open a can of my asda price lager! :roll:

I'm looking longingly at a bottle but my daughter's in labour and I'm waiting.
Could be a long night!

Roy.

Thanks for the warm welcome, I do actually have a few pictures of the workshop on my phone...

Now if i only new how to work my phone we'd be in business :oops:
a swift visit to see my dear nephew this weekend should solve that little problem :D

But I must invest in a real camara at some point, not that you'd really want to see the things i Eerr try to make out of wood :D

Anyway I digress

Thanks for the welcome :eek:ccasion5:

John. B":3uv5rbla said:
Welcome to the forum Andy,
where roughly in Essex are you?

John. B

Hi John, I'm from a village called St. Lawrence bay, close to the little town of Maldon.

Creampuff - welcome mate.

I have the 'cheapo' ryobi thicknesser, and have been using it for a year and a bit now, and think it's great. I get a pretty good finish on it. It took a bit of fine tuning to get it working how I wanted, but now it is as good as the DeWalt we use on site work.

The Triton is great too. And Rutlands? Well, that is one site that could easily ruin a happy marriage/ business/ family/ lottery win.

Cheers mate.

Neil

Creampuff":1c24q7s9 said:
John. B":1c24q7s9 said:

John. B

Hi John, I'm from a village called St. Lawrence bay, close to the little town of Maldon.

I work just outside hatfield peveral, small world eh?

Steve

Chris By The River":125cfzqr said:
Welcome to the forum Andy.

Don't forget to get a metal decector before you start using the Ryobi!!!!!

Chris

:oops: :oops: Yes, I learnt that expensive lesson about a week after I got it. :oops: ho hum, we live and learn :wink:

kityuser":3oqy40qd said:
Creampuff":3oqy40qd said:
John. B":3oqy40qd said:

John. B

I work just outside hatfield peveral, small world eh?

Steve

Indeed it is Steve, I didnt expect many people to no where St. Lawrence is. In the olden days I'm sure there must have been a sign at the end of the road saying.... Beyond this point, there be Dragons... :lol:

Back