A game of Halma anyone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motownmartin

Established Member
Reaction score
Just after Christmas a chap gave me a call and asked me if I could make him a Halma board, I said if I knew what one was I could give it a go.
I did make him one and whilst I was in the process of making the board I had another call from another chap who wanted the same, in fact he wants loads of them the first one passes his QI.
I thought the Chess boards were difficult to make but these are a nightmare, I suppose I will find it easier the more I make.

Halma1.jpg

Halma2.jpg

Halma3.jpg

Halma4.jpg

They look fantastic, is it not an optical illusion rather than a cheap camera :D what kind of pieces do you use to play the game, counters ?

worsley947":oau27ov2 said:
They look fantastic, is it not an optical illusion rather than a cheap camera :D what kind of pieces do you use to play the game, counters ?
They are like pawns as in a game of chess, four different colours.

While we are talking about it, can anybody here make them, I don't have a lathe :wink:
There are 64 in a set, 19 black, 19 white, 13 red and 13 green

motownmartin":36tmsj0f said:
worsley947":36tmsj0f said:
They are like pawns as in a game of chess, four different colours.

While we are talking about it, can anybody here make them, I don't have a lathe :wink:
There are 64 in a set, 19 black, 19 white, 13 red and 13 green

I have a duplicator suitable for small things (10" long x 4" diameter and under). 64 seems like a lot but once set up you can thrash through them pretty quick, finishing takes the time but that can be done manually if the revolving section is done

Aidan

Back