a few more bits and bobs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary M

Established Member
Reaction score
took some more pics of some of my bits and bobs,
e9546b3b.jpg

tiny oak table to set your tea on !! made from recycled oak sleepers.

e95468bf.jpg

oak mirror again from 6"x4" sleepers cut on my bandsaw. :D

e954681e.jpg

another hall table from sleepers, for a good friend.

e9546926.jpg

another big heavy mirror, 1"x5" frame, hence the brackets !!

e9546798.jpg

a 4ft square mirror i made a few months ago from left over oak flooring and an old mirror from a built in unit !!

as you can see i like rustic stuff :D
thanks for looking, i am currently working on a walnut framed mirror and a bigish coffee table in southern yellow pine for paying clients !!!
so i have been taking some wip pics as i go and will post when they are finished :wink:

I like the no nonsense, heavy duty approach and your use of recycled materials. Also you've switched between joints for a bit of variety. Thanks for letting me have a look at your stuff. :)

Thanks guys, as i say it makes my enthusiasm even stronger :D

David i will post some pics of the oak sleepers in their original state when i get them, when cut and then when machined, i'm sure you will be :shock: amazed at what you can get out of them !

Thanks for your kind comments !!

All very nice stuff,but the last mirror is my personal favourite :D

Thanks for sharing them with us.(Also,top marks for recycling!)

Andrew

Some nice pieces there Gary. I too like the large mirror. I would love a commision in some oak but the customer is the boss. :)

I like the character you get within worn and 'recycled' oak. And also the fact that it can work out a bit cheaper than buying it new and having it machined for you as well.

Good job, I like your work there.

Excellent stuff. Recycling timber makes the end result even more satisfying, I find.

Regards.

Back