• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

MFT table bargain from Vevor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnwalls26

Established Member
Reaction score
I wasn't too sure about the £84 Ebay price of the new Vevor folding worktable, so took the risk. Wow, it is superb. Smaller than the Festool and Triton MFT tables, but 20mm dog holes 18mm surfaced mdf and a sturdy folding frame. Two units can be joined together, and brackets for holding 2x 4 are included. Very quick Hermes delivery from Leicestershire. The workmate style dogs , the lack of 96mm spacing and clamps that don't easily go through the diagonal slots are minor letdowns, but I do have a full size table and plenty of mft bits. I have planed some oak and can confirm it is sturdy, it is easy and quick to go up and down and very portable. Fixed 29" height suits me at 5 foot 9" I am delighted and will update when I have done a few projects with it. Oh £100 on Amazon and £128 on Vevor UK.

Attachments

• IMG_9430.JPG
    IMG_9430.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9429.JPG
    IMG_9429.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9431.JPG
    IMG_9431.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
It's likely a good work table, but judging by the photos, I'm unsure if it's suitable for an MFT setup. When making cuts on this table, wouldn't you cut into the table frame?
If it can't serve as an MFT, those dog holes are more likely to be bothersome with things falling through frequently.

It's likely a good work table, but judging by the photos, I'm unsure if it's suitable for an MFT setup. When making cuts on this table, wouldn't you cut into the table frame?
If it can't serve as an MFT, those dog holes are more likely to be bothersome with things falling through frequently.
To cut 8x4 foot I would think 2 Vevor units coupled would do the job. I have a Makita tracksaw and have used the 1 metre rails on an even smaller mft top, the saw cut being outside the table. There is a wide variety of ways of supporting tracks so that the table isn't marked without needing sacrificial strips. I will primarily be using the table for making box shapes

They have now gone up to around £100, wish I had bought two. Settling in to using it, the supplied dogs and clamps are not up to much but with better mft accessories it is great. It is the first home grown mft table from the far east rather than the workmate/keter types, I wonder if larger ones will follow.

Out of curiosity - what size are the dog holes? Are they 20mm in diameter?
And also - are they (holes) spaced 96mm, like the usual MFT?

Back