A day spent with Paul J

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Jones

Established Member
Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Back in September I had to pull out of Paul's bash at the last minute due to work commitments, so I duly notified Paul via PM and the response I got back was along the lines of ' well you know where we are now ' so as my work started to drop off a little I pm'd Paul to see if we could arrange a date to meet up, this turned out to be the 18th November. We continued our conversations via PM and I explained to Paul that although I've posted several items on the forum, pens, bowls , platters, candle dish, etc etc, some items I have trouble with because I don't know how to approach them properly, goblets being the main one.

The 18th November arrived and I made the 14 mile journey across the city of Birmingham to Paul's house, on arrival I was greeted by Paul & Carol and made to feel most welcome. After our initial introductions and lots of turning and wood talk we made our way out to Paul's workshop where I, with a lot of Paul's help proceeded to turn a blank of Tulipwood ( I think, I'm sure Paul will tell me if I'm wrong ) into a goblet.

I'll now let the pics do the talking.

4119019691_8de1ca7dfe.jpg

4119020135_2c900c5118.jpg

4119020835_d9a70c31d3.jpg

4119796360_f08c7b1cf4.jpg

Yours truly at the helm !

4119023299_1f95962873.jpg
4119799694_1358cabf2f.jpg

Although I've already done so via PM I would publicly like to thank Paul and Carol for there hospitality throughout the day

Many thanks

Steve

Glad you had a good day Steve and hope it was worthwhile :D
I must say though that the goblet was a bit of a rush in the end as we spent so much time gasbagging :roll:
There was a list of things we were going to do but the time just flew by too quickly.
What did you think of the Airshields :?:

008.jpg

Paul,

Airshield's were brilliant especially with my nasal problems, I expected to be quite clogged up by the time I got home but I had no ill effects from the dust at all, I'm now saving my pennies.

Regards

Steve

Paul.J":1ws1guy0 said:
It's a good investment Steve :D

Took me a while to get used to mine, and still not sure I've got it adjusted correctly, but I have it to thank for my left eye :? :? so it can do no wrong for me.

Thanks George, only wish I could have been there for the bash to see your hollowing demo, there's always next time, if there is a next time :)

Regards

Steve

Back