a bit of nothing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodfarmer

Established Member
Reaction score
I have often marvelled at some of the beautiful things that skilled and talented people have from time to time created from little scraps of wood and barely any tooling.
I have more lathe than I know what to do with and use big lumps of valuable timber and even then the bowls i make are sometimes somewhat mediocre.
My wife was taken by some mushrooms made by an acquaintance At £12 a go I thought them expensive..So I had a go. first free standing one didn't really look right due to the individual base. So then I had an idea, no doubt as old as the hills. Using a bit cored from a bowl as a base I made this.

P1030235.JPG

P1030234.JPG

P1030233.JPG

Hope some of you like it :)

Attachments

• P1030235.JPG
    P1030235.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 1,006
  • P1030234.JPG
    P1030234.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 1,006
  • P1030233.JPG
    P1030233.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 1,006
I 100% read that as "my wife has taken some mushrooms".

Came out well though.

gregmcateer":w38eqxms said:
I like them - nice idea.

I thought for a moment you were going to tell us you'd made it from a single piece of wood!!

(Next one, maybe?...)

Probably not :)

Base is an acacia coring, two sumac, two willow and a yew mushroom.

Nice, I saw lots of real ones growing on a fallen log whilst walking in the woods and thought that it would be nice to insert several turned mushrooms into half a log split lengthways, another idea I never got round to, you have just jogged my memory...

bobblezard":fth2ir7z said:
Nice, I saw lots of real ones growing on a fallen log whilst walking in the woods and thought that it would be nice to insert several turned mushrooms into half a log split lengthways, another idea I never got round to, you have just jogged my memory...

I think I did just that for the turning comp on here one time. Didn't win :(

here you go https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/post586550.html?hilit=challenge#p586550

Thanks Mike, yes that's what I had in mind, very nice :)

Back