A beautiful day.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't know what it's like for the UK but it's a beautiful summer's day overhere. Azure blue skys and nearly 20C. Hope it'll last for a few days.
ButterflyRcd.jpgSmall.jpg

Nature at it's best.
What's it's like elsewhere in the world? Pictures please if possible.

Noel

Sun is splittin' the trees up here....makes me homesick for the sea wall and the slopes of Binevenagh. Still, I'm off to the tors of Binnion with 10 kids tomorrow; if the mature star 93 million miles away from us is still burning and the threatened pluvial precipitation hasn't arrived, I'll bring back some upland shots for all you reclaimed land dwellers in Myroe!

Sam

Very nice picture Noel. We just got through a load of rain but the now sun is shining and temperatures are climbing into the mid twenties. Soon the trees will start changing into their fall colours. Unless you live out west....: Some places received 15cm of snow yesterday!

SammieQ":1e00astl said:
Sun is splittin' the trees up here....makes me homesick for the sea wall and the slopes of Binevenagh. Still, I'm off to the tors of Binnion with 10 kids tomorrow; if the mature star 93 million miles away from us is still burning and the threatened pluvial precipitation hasn't arrived, I'll bring back some upland shots for all you reclaimed land dwellers in Myroe!

Sam
Hi Sammy, I assume you made it back from Bolivia/Peru/Chile in one piece? Did you get to a tool store in NYC? Enjoy Innishowen.
Here's the mountain yesterday just to make you more home sick:
BenRcd.jpg

And the seawall from March this year:
Img_0034rcd.jpg

Richard, autumn / fall is often the most beautiful season.
Rgds
Picture happy Noel

If this was a photographic forum I would be manipulating those pics above for you with rain or sunshine. :)

However I will be good and congratulate all above postings.

Roger Sinden":30k6ozks said:
I think Lord Nibbo's takes the top prize...very atmospheric

Many thanks Roger,

It was taken at 6.30 in the morning, the pic was taken at Falmouth Yacht Marina in Penryn. a friend was just leaving on his boat, it's in the far distance immediately to the left of the mobo cruiser in the foreground.

Beatiful picture Nibbo. Excellent.
Come on, anybody else got a nice picture or two (and don't be scanning in any postcards.....).

Here are a couple of mine. They are fairly old now and were scanned form prints so the quality isn't great.

This first one was shot on a clear day, Fuji Velvia and a polarizing filter. The blue comes mostly from the sky and a little from the way the film reacted to the long exposure. It is at the base of what remains of an old dam on the Willow River near Hudson, Wisconsin.

bluefalls.jpg

I don't remember the film for this one. Probably Fuji slide film in the ISO 50 neighborhood. This was shot about 3/4 of a mile upstream from the pervious shot. To the left of the camera there was an old dam. The water in this shot was flowing around the dam through the rock and then coming out in these small waterfalls. In the winter this wall would covered with icicles. They removed the dam about 8 or 9 years ago and totally ruined the charm of the place.

willowwall2.jpg

Just got back from Switzerland on hols, had a fantastic time weather wise, couple of pics from hols below:

HornlihutteHikeViewonDescent025.jpg

This pic shows SWIMBO in front of the Matterhorn on the way down from the Horlihutte - the cloud which covers the peak most of the time had just dispersed

TopofEuropeView078.jpg

This is from the 'Top of Europe' accessible by train, with the Aletsch glacier in the foreground

FurkhaPassfromGletsch119.jpg

A shot of the Furkha pass, about the highest road pass in Switzerland, good fun coming down those hairpins in a Landy - Rob

Latest posts

Back