UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In theory it would be great but in practice the bearing guide would blunt the blade and it would become pretty useless. Those saws you linked to are next to useless, they are a one use only then they generally break.

Matt

Those wire saws are not great. I keep one in my tool bag for cutting in really awkward spaces but they are very slow and inefficient.

Surely it would shred whatever tyres you had on a bandsaw?

p.s. try a spiral blade in a scrollsaw and see if you really wanna go there. :-D (of course, some scrollers love 'em).

These types of blade are used for cutting stone out of the ground ,marble granite etc.
As the blade is running with the wheel no damage should occur to the tyres

The heat build up on those wire saws from friction is almost as great as the heat in the person sweating and struggling to cut through something.

Not sure how great that would be on a machine full of sawdust.

I think your answer is given by the product rating for that item...

"no good -
wire saw kept getting stuck in wood gave up in end"

flh801978":fy8hn81v said:
As the blade is running with the wheel no damage should occur to the tyres

I disagree. The 'teeth' on the blade won't land on the same spot on the wheel every time. It's not like a flat blade on a flat wheel where the teeth don't dig in.

I believe Pegas have recently started making scroll saw blade bands that fit on bandsaws. I don't know if they are here in the UK yet but if you have a look at the Feines Aus Wuppertal youtube channel, the guy on there is into all things Pegas and there are a few videos of him demonstrating a bandsaw with a thin scroll saw type band blade on it.

If these blades are available I think it could open up a whole new level of bandsaw box making!

Back