8mm collet for Makita 3612 Router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speaker

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I’m hoping that the collective wisdom on this forum will be able to help me define the question to get what I need.

Background: my Men’s Shed have a Leigh Super 18 Dovetail jig with a set of 8mm shank Leigh dovetail cutters.

To use with the jig they have a Makita 3612 router with a guide bush insert.

The problem is that the collet on the router is 1/2” (12.7mm) and the cutters are 8mm.

We do have a 12mm to 8mm reducing sleeve but that is too loose.

the obvious solution would be to use a 1/2” to 8mm reducing sleeve - does anyone know if such a thing exists? And yes I have tried all sorts of searches but have not been able to get a definitive answer (I did ask Makita but am still waiting for them to call).

Another option might be to get an 8mm collet nut for the router, but again I have not been able to establish if such a thing exists.

If anyone can help with the question I need to be asking to get some clear answers for either of
these options I would very much appreciate it.

or, if there are any other options you can suggest that would be great as well.

Thanks,
Tony

I have a Makita OEM 8mm collet for my Makita 3620 (and use it often), but the 3620 is 3/8" max, not 1/2".

Cheers, Vann.

Back