720mm high Kitchen Carcasses

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewm

Established Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that the dimensions of kitchen carcasses vary between suppliers. Obviously the width and probably the depth are standard but the height of the opening differs. Does anyone know of a source of kitchen carcasses with a opening of between 720 and 725mm high? I already have the doors just need to find some carcasses on which to install them.

Guess if I can't find any I will just have to make my own.

Andrew

Fergus":1qrzg981 said:

Thanks. At least they are local to me. The only problem is the price. It would be cheaper to ditch the doors that we already have and buy IKEA units with the most expensive sold wood doors that they do. And everyone that I know who have used them have been impressed with the IKEA quality so wouldn't have any worries on that score.
Andrew

Do you want a 720 "opening" or the more common 720 carcase? if its the carcase then woodfit do a few different qualities and B&Q flatpack is also a 720 carcase.

You are more likely to get variance in the depth of carcase both overall and the internal depth.

Jason

jasonB":3o5xyyw4 said:
Do you want a 720 "opening" or the more common 720 carcase? if its the carcase then woodfit do a few different qualities and B&Q flatpack is also a 720 carcase.

You are more likely to get variance in the depth of carcase both overall and the internal depth.

Jason

Not sure how you differentiate between 'opening' and 'carcase' but basically the doors that we have are 600mm high and the drawers are 120mm high so the carcase needs to be around 720mm from the bottom of the carcase 'floor' to the underside of the worktop.

I hope that is clear. I will take a look at B&Q if I get a chance.

Andrew

By carcase I mean the overall height of the "box" and I would say that 720 is the most common size. When you said opening it could have been the internal carcase height or you may have been using in-frame doors.

your 600/120 split is not so common so watch out if buying drawline units as the drawbox may be too deep, the usual size is 570/139 allowing for gaps between worktop and door/draw

Jason

markwuzere":2zp9zdac said:
howdens carcass are 720 overall hight same with b&q, focus, homebase and i believe magnet as well

Are you sure? I went over to Homebase and measured one of theirs and it was from memory about 700, certainly not 720. Wickes aren't either and they own Focus. Not had an opportunity to measure in B&Q and Howdens is trade only although I am sure there are ways around that.

Andrew

I think Wickes are 735mm, don't use howdens. Homebase do the second nature doors which are for 720 carcases or at least they did about six months ago when I was last in there.

Jason

Back