Quantcast

3rd time lucky

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

doddy555

Established Member
Reaction score
3rd saw lucky . hope so much my hegner will be ok, 2 scroll saws an they went wrong , oh well 3rd time lucky

Blister

Established Member
Reaction score
Hegner ARE the. Rolls Royce of saws it will be fine

Did the Ex go back as well ?

Have fun

Chippygeoff

Established Member
Reaction score
Well done Doddy, you have climbed the ladder from having a bad saw to a reasonable bad saw to a really good saw. You will not be disappointed with the Hegner. You have the ultimate saw, there are many on here cringing with envy. I hope you manage to find someone to help you on your way to becoming a first class scroller.

Clockie

Established Member
Reaction score
Now you have something tidy. You must clamp or bolt it down otherwise it will vibrate and don't forget your little tin of 3-in-1 oil for the pivot bearings. The book suggests every 10 hours but I do it every time I go on the saw ( just a few drops.)
Good luck with this saw.

doddy555

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for the comments i will take on board what you have said, i cant wait to get my 3rd saw :)

doddy555

Established Member
Reaction score
well i got my 3rd saw hegner, wow i to scared to use it tryed it once an i put the cut right in bin,,,, think i need to start again i did some ok cuts with the last saw , i need to practise so much,any tips would be great, thanks

Blister

Established Member
Reaction score
doddy555":2hwxh4v5 said:
well i got my 3rd saw hegner, wow i to scared to use it tryed it once an i put the cut right in bin,,,, think i need to start again i did some ok cuts with the last saw , i need to practise so much,any tips would be great, thanks

My advice for what its worth is this

Use 10mm thick wood ,

draw random lines in it , some straight , some curved

Don't try and make anything , just use it as a test piece

Practice holding the work piece down and following the lines

The reason I say 10mm is it will cut slower , don't force the wood onto the blade , let the saw do the work

If you use 3mm ply it will cut faster and things will go wrong quicker

spend half an hour a day doing this and gradually make the curves and cuts harder to follow ( remember its only scrap wood , you are not making anything )

In a weeks time you should have a lot more achieved

doddy555

Established Member
Reaction score
hi everyone i am loving my new hegner, love everthing about it,blade change, cut, speed, just everything, i have hurt my hand on wednesday an cant go on my saw, i am feeling so down miss it so much, sound mad i know but love my new hobby so much, wish i could post pictures on here to show you all, but i have tryed loads of times an just cant do it, happy cutting everyone :)