3rd time lucky

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doddy555

Established Member
Reaction score
3rd saw lucky . hope so much my hegner will be ok, 2 scroll saws an they went wrong , oh well 3rd time lucky

Well done Doddy, you have climbed the ladder from having a bad saw to a reasonable bad saw to a really good saw. You will not be disappointed with the Hegner. You have the ultimate saw, there are many on here cringing with envy. I hope you manage to find someone to help you on your way to becoming a first class scroller.

Now you have something tidy. You must clamp or bolt it down otherwise it will vibrate and don't forget your little tin of 3-in-1 oil for the pivot bearings. The book suggests every 10 hours but I do it every time I go on the saw ( just a few drops.)
Good luck with this saw.

well i got my 3rd saw hegner, wow i to scared to use it tryed it once an i put the cut right in bin,,,, think i need to start again i did some ok cuts with the last saw , i need to practise so much,any tips would be great, thanks

doddy555":2hwxh4v5 said:
well i got my 3rd saw hegner, wow i to scared to use it tryed it once an i put the cut right in bin,,,, think i need to start again i did some ok cuts with the last saw , i need to practise so much,any tips would be great, thanks

My advice for what its worth is this

Use 10mm thick wood ,

draw random lines in it , some straight , some curved

Don't try and make anything , just use it as a test piece

Practice holding the work piece down and following the lines

The reason I say 10mm is it will cut slower , don't force the wood onto the blade , let the saw do the work

If you use 3mm ply it will cut faster and things will go wrong quicker

spend half an hour a day doing this and gradually make the curves and cuts harder to follow ( remember its only scrap wood , you are not making anything )

In a weeks time you should have a lot more achieved

hi everyone i am loving my new hegner, love everthing about it,blade change, cut, speed, just everything, i have hurt my hand on wednesday an cant go on my saw, i am feeling so down miss it so much, sound mad i know but love my new hobby so much, wish i could post pictures on here to show you all, but i have tryed loads of times an just cant do it, happy cutting everyone :)

Scroll sawed alloy pickup surround for my CigarBox guitar project.
P1020342.jpg
[/img]

Back