• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

240-110v

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Nev Hallam

Established Member
Reaction score
I have 3 dewalt routers, the 1/2" 625EK the laminate trimmer and a 1/4" 900 watt, I forget the model.
Anyway there all in immaculate condition the smaller 2 are virtually new. I have however made a big mistake by buying 240v, I did this as I was bought in thought of my own workshop and the shop fitting workshops I'd been bouncing around that year. Since then I have started back on large commercial building sites, where for the first time ever need a 110 router! I totally forgot mine are 240v I even bought mine to site, didn't realise until I went to open the box. I don't really want to buy yet another router, I wondered if there might be a seller or shop that might swap or part ex used tools?

chippy1970

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think you will have much luck there. I bought some 240v bits and pieces when I started out years ago soon sold them off and bought 110v you just have to bite the bullet and put it down to experience im afraid.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
ironically, i had to buy 110v freud because the 240v had sold out everywhere. Sadly I have just drilled the router plate, and really need the above table height adjustment.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
You could be in luck, I have a 110v router lying around that I never use, I think its a 1/2" Bosch.

My workshop has both 240v and 110v rings in it, when I lived in Canada I bought a lot of hand tools, but slowly over the years tools have been upgraded.

So if your interested give me a PM.