240-110v

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nev Hallam

Established Member
Reaction score
I have 3 dewalt routers, the 1/2" 625EK the laminate trimmer and a 1/4" 900 watt, I forget the model.
Anyway there all in immaculate condition the smaller 2 are virtually new. I have however made a big mistake by buying 240v, I did this as I was bought in thought of my own workshop and the shop fitting workshops I'd been bouncing around that year. Since then I have started back on large commercial building sites, where for the first time ever need a 110 router! I totally forgot mine are 240v I even bought mine to site, didn't realise until I went to open the box. I don't really want to buy yet another router, I wondered if there might be a seller or shop that might swap or part ex used tools?

I don't think you will have much luck there. I bought some 240v bits and pieces when I started out years ago soon sold them off and bought 110v you just have to bite the bullet and put it down to experience im afraid.

ironically, i had to buy 110v freud because the 240v had sold out everywhere. Sadly I have just drilled the router plate, and really need the above table height adjustment.

You could be in luck, I have a 110v router lying around that I never use, I think its a 1/2" Bosch.

My workshop has both 240v and 110v rings in it, when I lived in Canada I bought a lot of hand tools, but slowly over the years tools have been upgraded.

So if your interested give me a PM.

Back