2022 Secret Santa

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is it weird that i'm thinking about next year already! i use to do the not so secret santa thing in AAW , nice people but this site is more personal shall i say! smaller group, and different ideas. And i feel a lot closer to the Uk than the usa. my step father was from mitcham commons, sutton surrey,
My wife is from Surrey,BC canada , but that's a whole other story. i was always told don't go near surrey girls!
i was born in Peterborough,canada with our school having a sister school in peterborough england,

i just got a huge box of maple burl blocks. 3x3 by 6 - 12" long, pepper mill blanks. i think that could be top of list!
My wood room is crying to make things to lower stock and make room. all dried burl!

Last edited:
my wood room

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Mine left the country Friday 25 November 2022, No further update since then.
I sent it first class signed for so should arrive any day hopefully :unsure:

@Lefley wow that's a lot of wood, I'm very very jealous 😍
The children finish school today for the 2 week Christmas holiday so I shall be spending some of my "work" time next week collecting some of the extremely splayed silver birch that is out around the edge of the school field, it's been out on the ground for about 3 years but some of it is still solid and without cracks, can't wait to bring it in and dry it out

Mine left the country Friday 25 November 2022, No further update since then.
I sent it first class signed for so should arrive any day hopefully :unsure:
it's on my kitchen table! i just hope mine arrives in time. it's in two parcels , one wood. one liquid, didn't want to put the two in same box!

@Lefley wow that's a lot of wood, I'm very very jealous 😍
The children finish school today for the 2 week Christmas holiday so I shall be spending some of my "work" time next week collecting some of the extremely splayed silver birch that is out around the edge of the school field, it's been out on the ground for about 3 years but some of it is still solid and without cracks, can't wait to bring it in and dry it out
could always send you some maple burl. i would not even notice it missing. well that's not true, i do name each piece.

recieved mine today! thanks santa, I'll wait until christmas day before opening it.

Last edited:
Made some decent progress today, will be getting it on its way on Monday - anyone know a reliable courier?

Back