2012 February Challenge ( discussion thread )

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It may be salvageable :?
My ball is detachable anyway :shock: , as are a number of the other components, its just two or three that are glued so will attempt to detach them without destroying my lovely creation. Otherwise its the MK 2 and some self flagellation :evil: ](*,)

Can I come and play :?: , I think that I have an idea :idea: just hope that I can put it into practice.

Terry

nev":3l8suz0z said:
It may be salvageable :?
My ball is detachable anyway :shock: , as are a number of the other components, its just two or three that are glued so will attempt to detach them without destroying my lovely creation. Otherwise its the MK 2 and some self flagellation :evil: ](*,)

self flagellation is very selfish - you really should consider the needs of your local sadist #-o

nev":2j409ird said:
jumps":2j409ird said:
...even the picture requirement has delivered a subtle limitation;

WHATS THAT :shock: ? go back , re-read brief, #-o slap self around head, bang head on door several times and repeat out loud 'READ THE BLOOMIN INSTRUCTIONS' , until missus comes in and asks whats up? then calls you an eejit whilst walking away shaking her head in disappointment! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

yes, I've already assembled mine and i used glue! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) :evil:
:sign3: :sign3: :sign3:

Nev mate, you might want to re-read them rules cos glue is allowed in the construction. Blister is harsh but not that harsh!!!

Richard

Blister is harsh but not that harsh!!!

O yes he is

the rules for one and all state

Please post 3 images of your work / entry

1 showing all elements of you entry prior to assembly / construction
1 showing your entry assembled ( With the ball suspended ( from above or below ) in position
1 showing your assembled entry with the ball not suspended but standing next to the assembly

nev":a0e8lf3k said:
Blister":a0e8lf3k said:
flagellation

Is that when you keep farting all the time :lol:

no, I believe thats flattery :wink:
edit: or is that collecting stamps :)

Is it possible you that are in the know :mrgreen: to fart, flagellate ,flatter ,and collect stamps all at the same time :roll: .
This has certently added a new dimension to my balls making. (I always make two of everything) just in case 8)

Colin,
At this moment I have Sacks of them and they are growing bigger and smaller by the day .
I have discovered that although I can turn wood almost as good as the rest of the forum I cant think like you fellows .
I am totally at a loss regarding design, if you all sent me your projects I would have no doubt that I could turn them
as good as anyone, but I will not give in, I shall fight on in the true traditions of a bloody eejit :roll: I have the Balls for it :mrgreen:
Blister deserves credit for this challenge he has me outside me comfort zone :evil: .I wonder it there any others like me.
I intend to post me entry no matter what stage it is at on the day :mrgreen:

Eugene, you say that Blister deserves credit for this challenge.........well I have to say that's not quite what I've been thinking :twisted: (hammer)

Mind you that said I'm just about finished, all I've got to do is turn the Ball :lol: :lol: and this is we differ, I can come up with the ideas I just can't Bl**~y turn them :cry: :cry:

Oh well plenty of time left and I need some more firewood.

Good Luck everyone.

Steve

Hang in there Steve, You know the old saying,.> It's not the winning that counts It's the taking part..

I have perfectly formed balls and wanted to tell the world so, but I can't get the scoreboard to let me login to do the necessary :(

Plan B - my entry is ready

Eugene, you are of course right and that's exactly why I entered the challenge this year, family crisis this weekend means no worksop time but I'm off next week so full steam ahead. Hope to have mine done by Wednesday evening.................but watch this space. Only 4-5 completed so far shows people are really having to think about this one.

Steve

Still struggling with this.
A combination of lack of shed time (mental weather) and my brain not switching on (perfectly normal) I have a ball and a bit to attach to it
Nothing to support or suspend it, plenty of ideas how to do it but no way of getting any of them done yet.
Need to rattle of 'something' to get this finished, but not a hope of any shed time today.
It's having a good attempt at taking off in this wind.

Ah, well. Suppose I better go find something else to do................

Gerry ,give yourself a kick up the a#@e and get your thinking cap on . :shock: You have the ball rolling I see so your on your way . You could be sent to the gallows if you dont produce something. Keep at it Bhoy :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back