2012 February Challenge ( discussion thread )

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boysie my Bhoy, the thinking cap's been working overtime.
Problem is, so has the West of Scotland weather!! lol

Anyway, much to SWMBO's dismay, I'll be doing some work on bits in the house today & tomorrow then finishinhg them on the lathe on Friday & Saturday.
Just means I'll need to learn how to use the vacuum. hehe :shock:

I've had to withdraw from this one... Just not got the time this month.

Eager to see all your hard work however!

finally managed to get it up - what a relief :)

as said earlier - what a fantastic challenge!!!

Wood spoiler":ot5p91kb said:
boysie39":ot5p91kb said:
This has certently added a new dimension to my balls making. (I always make two of everything) just in case 8)

I bet you keep them in a bag as well!

As was broadcast by the wonderful "The Goon Show" when they were refering to the faithfull family butler. Mine are being retained by Scrotum, the wrinkled old family retainer :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Edit : - Sorry, but I can't find if my registration, done a couple of daze ago, has told the tail that i is ready wiv me ball jobbie? Double check I suppose :?

My problem is that by the time I caught up with the wheel the computer was in fashon :?

I am lucky that I dont have to turn for a liveing ,if I did I would be in dire straits.
I usually make a bowl or a platter in a day, sometimes I might make a couple of small bowls or tee lights .
Since this Ball challenge started from the 1st of Feb. I have made two small bowls. The rest of the time has been taken up by this hanging ball thing. I have suffered these last few weeks. It's as if :twisted: he was beside me whispering in me ear. If I had detected a French accent it would not have surprised me. :evil:
It got so bad that I had to ask the Government who were selling off our forrestrys to bring in some money to save the country from bankruptcy to hold on until I was finished making balls just so I wood'nt :roll: run out of timber.
Anyway I'm ready now next problem is pictures .OH Sh#t.

Don't think I'm gonna make this one, work seems to be getting in the way! Damn work

I am ready and will log onto the scoreboard to say so.

Just reading the rules for photos, what if the ball is required to make the other bits stay together. I can take a photo of everything before construction and I can take a photo of the ball suspended by everything but cannot take a photo with it all put together with the ball next to it.

Doh! Maybe I am not ready.

Andy

tpot":3kbigs76 said:
I am ready and will log onto the scoreboard to say so.

Just reading the rules for photos, what if the ball is required to make the other bits stay together. I can take a photo of everything before construction and I can take a photo of the ball suspended by everything but cannot take a photo with it all put together with the ball next to it.

Doh! Maybe I am not ready.

Andy

Huummm :-k :-k

Rules is Rules , will have to see what the judge thinks ( Richard )

If everyone else has kept to the Rules then up pops a entry that has not , may cause problems :(

I'm out too this month guys.

Lack of workshop time, a lot of it from severe weather, and a struggle to get anything that woud work have combined to mean no point for me for Feb.

March will be different. I WILL have something made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back