100watt light bulbs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even more time will be being wasted by at least two estate management staff in each hospital counting how many light bulbs have been replaced, recording this and reporting it to a highly paid manager in a Primary Care Trust who will in turn be reporting upwards to the Strategic Health Authority or Department of Health where a senior civil servant will have been appointed specifically to oversee the correct implementation of the "bulb replacement programme" or BURP as it will now be known, since every initiative must have a crass acronym.

Brittleheart":jy3vnghh said:
Even more time will be being wasted by at least two estate management staff in each hospital counting how many light bulbs have been replaced, recording this and reporting it to a highly paid manager ........

Now why does the phrase "box ticking, bonuses, lack of perspective, not doing what they were supposed to do and Sharon Shoesmith" spring to mind?

We can thank 12 years of DuffGov for where we are now.

For low energy bulbs I have been using the new halogen bulbs from Osram that look like normal light bulbs. Very good light quality better than compact florescent jobbies. there are some new high power LED's as well not tried them yet.

It'll all be ok after the revolution...
...oh wait...
...they took the guns!
DAMN AND BLAST!

I guess we'll just have to wait for however long it takes the libertarian party to get a serious following and win a general election... there might be some hope then.

I wonder if I'll see that before I retire in about 35 to 40 years.

It is amazing how a post on light bulbs, can evoke a discussions and on the effectiveness of politicians. Paul they are not lasting long because you are switching them on an off to quickly :lol:

RogerS":2xjlfsvr said:
Brittleheart":2xjlfsvr said:
Even more time will be being wasted by at least two estate management staff in each hospital counting how many light bulbs have been replaced, recording this and reporting it to a highly paid manager ........

Now why does the phrase "box ticking, bonuses, lack of perspective, not doing what they were supposed to do and Sharon Shoesmith" spring to mind?

We can thank 12 years of DuffGov for where we are now.

I think we've had power freaks and self-serving bureaucrats for a LOT longer than that.

BugBear

newt":2bl25y3c said:
Paul they are not lasting long because you are switching them on an off to quickly :lol:

Not me, it's the wife :shock: She keeps switching them off to save money but it's costing us a fortune in light bulbs :shock:

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Latest posts

Back