10.8 volt tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davehiley

Reaction score
Has anyone any experience comparing the Bosch and Makita 10.8 volt drill/drivers and impact drivers, or any advice on which to go for?

There was a test in the latest issue of British Woodworking magazine about 10.8v drill drivers etc.

The Makita came out on top.

I've got the Bosch driver and impact driver set, and have been thinking about adding the drill as well.

Cheers

Karl

I've got the little AEG 10.8v Li-ion, fantastic little drill (made in Germanski as well) but you won't find it in drill reviews or mags - Rob

I thought the review was very good in British woodworking but I thought they were a bit hard on the impact drivers. I personally would struggle without mine. It great for rusty screws and general jig assembly. Its surprising how easy slot headed scres can be eased in and out with the impact facility, previously I would have had to break out the brace.
I have the bosch and the metabo and if it wasn't for the angle drill I would probably never use the metabo. I have been doing my house up and the bosch has had a real workout. I found the multitool very very handy and well worth the money. If I could buy it again though the milwaukee looks the business and has a lot of usefull additions. I get the impression that Bosch has lost interest in making any new tools for the range.
Owemn

I have the Makita set and they are superb. I use them every day, they are very light and can fit into small corners where you might need an angle driver. 40mm holes wear the batteries out fast though :lol:

Corset":3huc40f4 said:
I get the impression that Bosch has lost interest in making any new tools for the range.
Yes, but what else can you add? Bosch offer a drill/driver, a drill with a chuck, a right angle drill, an inspection lamp and a multi-tool. Most of the other cordless tools I can think of require a bit more oomph than 10.8 volts and 1.3Ah. By that I'm thinking planers, impact/SDS drills, jigsaws, circular saws, pinners/nailers, angle gribders, collated drywall screwguns, etc. Almost all of them seem to need 18 or 24 volts at 2.4 to 3.0Ah. Even then it sometimes isn't enough to get decent running time :cry:

Latest posts

Back