Wolverine sharpening system

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alie Barnes

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening

Looking at buying the Wolverine sharpening system, you can buy Vari grind attachment with different sizes, before investing, is it worth buying both or just the bigger one which will fit all smaller gouges or is this not the case?

Vari-Grind attachment for Wolverine (Up to 5/8 in. diameter. capacity)
Vari-Grind attachment for Wolverine - large hole (1/2in. to 1.1/8in. dia. capacity)

Little unsure if i need to buy both or just one for a variety of wood turning tools?

Thanks for your help.

Alie,
If you can afford it buy both! It’s a great system but if you’re not sure, pop over to the ToolPost in Didcot and talk to Peter, he will advise dependant on what you are most likely to be turning (tell Peter I recommended him :D ). I have the Wolverine system with the smaller vari-grind and it works well.

Dave

Do you own or plan to own any 3/4" (big) or even 1" fingernail bowl gouges?

If not, buy the smaller one.

3/4" fingernail grind bowl gouges really require a big lathe with plenty of power.
1" fingernail grind bowl gouges are rare, because there's not many people who need one, let alone can hold on to it.

I would agree and go for the smaller one, that’s what I use and it’s plenty big enough.

Well worth a visit to Toolpost as it’s on your doorstep, I’m sure Peter will help you out.

Merlin

Back