Rubbish Joinery

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a strange heart-stopping combination.

I like both, but we generally stick to warm chicken soup with a potato-based sauce in something like that ("pot pie").

that meat would be called bologna here if it is of the smoked and partially cooked variety (regional types in different places - "lebanon" bologna would have that look). the light colored bologna that has been ground into a puree is to be avoided.

There is no genuine scientific evidence that saturated fat is bad for the heart. There's a huge case to be answered for with sugar and starch however!

Laugh if you like, but I have lost five stones since October last, after going high fat-low carb. 8)

I do treat myself to the occasional pork pie, pastry and all!

The worst part of Low Carb is going without bread. I do love a bacon sandwich! But if I want to lose the weight, summat has to go! :mrgreen:
Still have a few stones to go...

John

Benchwayze":9s1vqo8t said:
The worst part of Low Carb is going without bread. I do love a bacon sandwich! But if I want to lose the weight, summat has to go! :mrgreen:
Still have a few stones to go...

John
Zero sugar, much less alcohol and half sized portions. Sweet things as a rare treat.
You can eat almost anything then including bread, bacon sandwiches (either small ones, or go without something else).
We have fish n chips now and then but one portion shared between us does it.
I don't miss anything except the alcohol. Food tastes the same if not better, just less of it.

Jacob":2dbn0n3d said:
Picture of a classy looking pork pie for D_W in case he hasn't seen one. That's probably onion pickle to the left. Looks very tasty I might just have to pop out and purchase one now.

Jacob, being born and spending the first 20 years of my life in Melton Mowbray, I can tell you, that object is not a real pork pie. Far too pink !

lurker":1whzk9q2 said:
Jacob, being born and spending the first 20 years of my life in Melton Mowbray, I can tell you, that object is not a real pork pie. Far too pink !

My friend was a pub landlord who baked beauties, he used to have them sent back regularly because there was something wrong with them - they weren't pink. :D

lurker":2appk6cv said:
Jacob":2appk6cv said:
Picture of a classy looking pork pie for D_W in case he hasn't seen one. That's probably onion pickle to the left. Looks very tasty I might just have to pop out and purchase one now.

Yes a bit on the pinkish side but I've seen pinker.

Hmm! I believe you're in a nice part of the Uk Jacob. Never tasted your local chips! Must take a trip sometime. Have a look t'mills!

Cheers

John

Jacob":3k3166im said:
lurker":3k3166im said:
Jacob":3k3166im said:

Yes a bit on the pinkish side but I've seen pinker.

It's only cochineal! Crushed beetle exoskeleton colouring! :mrgreen:

I prefer the 'eyepiece' meat. It sees me through the week! Sorry; couldn't resist!

Cheers

John

On the occasions I have to purchase off the shelf external doors (XL joinery etc) I usually get offered "doweled or M&T?". I always go for the M&T on the basis that the joints will be far stronger. The latest door I purchased had to have a stile removed and adjusted in some way a pipper me, I got the stile off and the M&T joint was purely a visual trick of the mind! it was doweled but made to look like a M&T joint on the outside! unbelievable!!

LBCarpentry":1g519si7 said:
On the occasions I have to purchase off the shelf external doors (XL joinery etc) I usually get offered "doweled or M&T?". I always go for the M&T on the basis that the joints will be far stronger. The latest door I purchased had to have a stile removed and adjusted in some way a pipper me, I got the stile off and the M&T joint was purely a visual trick of the mind! it was doweled but made to look like a M&T joint on the outside! unbelievable!!

That's interesting to know. I supplied 8 external oak doors (XL Joinery) to a customer about four years ago for some barns they were converting in to holiday lets. I went back to do some more work a while ago and almost every door has come apart at the joints or the veneer has lifted. As the title of this thread says "rubbish joinery".

Back