Bandsaw blades.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevbee

Reaction score
Hi hope someone can help please, I have a Power Record drill master dmb65 and I'm looking for a new blade ,I think the size is 88" and looking for a 1/8th blade ,I have a 3/8th but it seems to struggle with bandsaw boxes on the tight curves. All help much appreciated thanks Kevin.

Ian, at Tuff Saws . No question. If you don't know exactly what would suit your machine and task best, ask him. He knows all there is to know about bandsaw blades. Ask about M42 blades, which last forever compared with most blades.

Try contacting Alexam on this forum.
I know he was looking for blades down to 1/16th so I'm sure he has a source for 1/8th.

Tuffsaw is certainly the place to go, but you may have to manage with 1/4 inch unless you have guides that can cope with a 1/8", as they are very narrow. The 1/16" is not available as far as I am aware, but a special guide would be needed if you could get one.

I managed with a 1/4" for some time and although I tried the 1/8" I broke a few and smashed the curf, so think about it seriously. Depending on circumstances and your bandsaw, a special guide is available from the USA, but is expensive and not all bandsaws are catered for. These are made by a firm called Carter Industries and If you Google Carter bandsaw guides, you will see the range they have . Their price of their Stabilizer will turn out double once you have added shipping and import duty, but do try the Tuffsaw blades first.

Malcolm

Back