New table saw, sort of

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonsdale73

Established Member
Reaction score
How's this for a saw?

0104_S&V17_200817.jpg

What would that blade have done to my finger, just look at it go!

0108_S&V17_200817.jpg

Powerful engine, bit on the big side though. And perhaps a bit loud for a single garage workshop

0094_S&V17_200817.jpg

Who want's one?

Attachments

• 0104_S&V17_200817.jpg
    0104_S&V17_200817.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 1,140
  • 0108_S&V17_200817.jpg
    0108_S&V17_200817.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 1,140
  • 0094_S&V17_200817.jpg
    0094_S&V17_200817.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 1,140
novocaine":1lfznmif said:
anyone know where I can get a dado stack for this?

Sorry, between EU regulations, nanny state Health & Safety rules and moon landing conspiracy theorists dado stacks are not available for this model.

Lonsdale73":1ntz0yqf said:
novocaine":1ntz0yqf said:

Sorry, between EU regulations, nanny state Health & Safety rules and moon landing conspiracy theorists dado stacks are not available for this model.

ah ok.

do you know if saw stop will work on this saw?

novocaine":3kui9uh5 said:
Lonsdale73":3kui9uh5 said:
novocaine":3kui9uh5 said:

ah ok.

do you know if saw stop will work on this saw?

I'm not sure I'd want to be the one to test it!

Will it connect to my 27mm shop vac? That's a dealbreaker for me (homer)

the fence looks a bit ropey, do you know if I could fit a fence from a TS200?
I'm also going to need to be able to cross cut, whats the best sled? what's the width of the mitre slot?
how do I make a zero clearance insert for it?

ok, think I'm done for now.

anyways, nice pictures, I've seen this a few times it tours the steam fairs, not sure if it's the same guy who has the steam powered cross cut saw, but both are rather scary to watch.

novocaine":hlyall8t said:
the fence looks a bit ropey, do you know if I could fit a fence from a TS200?
I'm also going to need to be able to cross cut, whats the best sled? what's the width of the mitre slot?
how do I make a zero clearance insert for it?

ok, think I'm done for now.

anyways, nice pictures, I've seen this a few times it tours the steam fairs, not sure if it's the same guy who has the steam powered cross cut saw, but both are rather scary to watch.

The brother-in-law loves these Steam & Vintage rallies and since I was free this weekend and hadn't caught up with him in ages I invited him over to the one being held at the showground here. No authority on such things but it looked a decent turnout. I could have watched them on the saw all day. Lady next to me was eyeing the slabs and said "Wouldn't mind getting my hands on some of those" which I'd just thought myself.

... and remember, to avoid the chance of kick-back always make sure the riving knife is in place and correctly adjusted.

JSW":22u7hiks said:
... and remember, to avoid the chance of kick-back always make sure the riving knife is in place and correctly adjusted.

Riven on the fly

Attachments

• 0111_S&V17_200817.jpg
    0111_S&V17_200817.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 1,019
Back