The New version of the Charnwood W813 is it any good

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluematt3000

Reaction score
Hi All

Just after some advice please, I am looking to upgrade to something a bit bigger than my old Charnwood W824 as like most i have been bitten with the turning bug. I want to be able to do bigger bowls with a rotating head stock and have a good solid base, my budget is £500. I have had a few niggles with my previous Charnwood but there customer service has always been good. Also it looks like they have made a lot of changes to there new lathes and wondered if anyone could advise?

Thanks in advance :D

Similar. But axminster ones don't have a cast bed or digital drive for the money. These are the new version of w813. I like the new changes but wonder if anyone had experience with them.

Wow, looks like they have done some nice updates
• 550w
• 2MT
• M33 thread
• Digital readout (although still a 10 speed mechanical Reeves drive)

I had the old Draper version which served me well for a number of years.
I'll leave the value for money up to the reader but as long as it fault free it seems good to me.

Edit: I only upgraded because I wasn't willing to drill into the floor to bolt the lathe down & even with additional weight it was walking across the floor.

Back