Quick Intarsia for the locals (in Orkney) - Ring of Brodgar

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linkshouse

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is a personal pattern that I'm hoping may be popular with the good people of Orkney -

fbRingofBrodgar.jpg

You guys in the "rest of the world" may has seen the recent Ness of Brodgar feature on the BBC and the Ring of Brogar is just down the road from there.

Phill

Attachments

• fbRingofBrodgar.jpg
    fbRingofBrodgar.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 799
Claymore":387tmx55 said:
That is superb Phill ! it will sell very easily and a perfect example of creating a design perfect for your locals and tourists alike the design works great and gives a great 3d effect and love the shadows too.

Thanks Brian, we live in hope :)

What size is it Phill?

40cm x 19cm

Looking forward to your next project......how about a Dolphin jumping out of the water? or more Puffins?

I'm have a couple of commissions on at the moment (said I'd never do this but what can one do!).

Currently working on a sail boat - pattern from Kathy Wise Intarsia book.

Then after that I have an Irish Wolf Hound to do from another Kathy Wise pattern.

Phill

martinka":1q6bonn2 said:
I'd no idea what it was, then I looked at photos from the same angle on Google and realised how good it is. Excellent.

Thanks Martin.

Ha ha! Yes, it's not much of a circle is it? This is by far the most common/popular ground level view of the Ring of Brodgar though.

Phill

Fantastic Phill. Really like the contrast between the light and dark pieces. The whole piece has a tremendous sense of depth. You have certainly captured the subject very well.

Charley

It looks an excellent re-creation of the Ring of Brodgar. Well done.

take care
Don W
PS Hope to get in the shed in the coming week and start some scrolling.

Back