The Legacy Forum

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFC

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok i know there a only a few of us but i thought it would be good to start a thread where questions and answers , advice and tips could be put without annoying every one :lol:
I don't know if the mods will allow it and i haven't asked Roger yet but would he be able to post on this thread without getting told off for advertising ? Or maybe Legacy inc themselves would like to make a few comments ?

Hi Jason

We have discussed increasing the forums on a number of ocassions and have always come to the conclusion that there are enough. What has happened is that forums have merged and new ones, such as Design, have been introduced.

As there was not enough interest in the last member vote for a dedicated scrollsaw forum, you will have little or no chance of having a forum dedicated to the Legacy.

Cheers
Neil

:lol: Awww cmon there is two of us , three before the end of the year !

That was the idea Barry , but its been moved to off topic :?
Dave i didnt know you had a Legacy ! Why are you selling it ?

I've had mine for about 5 years. I thought it was going to be a great thing for me but most of the time it has a piece of plywood laying across the top of it and gets used as another catchall for stuff. I think the machine is a very good thing but it doesn't really suit my needs. And now my needs include more shop space. The Legacy is using valuable space.

Hmmmmm this may well be the first case of Legacy denial .
Dave i / we understand and if you would like to talk about it i/we will listen .
What are your needs Dave ? Do you have a dedicated router on the Legacy ?

I do have the plate drilled for the DW625 which I usually have mounted on my Rat. One cool thing is the PlungeBar works very nicely in conjunction with the Legacy.

My current needs (or are they wants?) are to have enough space to build a 16' boat. I currently don't have room for a 6' boat. If I get rid of the mill I can turn a cabinet (MOASC) and move the 16" bandsaw. Then I can move the tablesaw and have a 20' run in the shop which gives me clearance to get around the building form for the boat.

It took me a long time to come to the decision that I need to get rid of something.

I have had rolling around in my head three glass marbles, a couple of tiny bells and an idea for a long bench along one side of the shop. It would incorporate my planer (thicknesser to you lot), compound miter saw and maybe a mortiser which I don't have.

I've also been thinking about building something like the ornamental mill into the front of it only the rails would be about 24' long. There would be a mount for a router but I could also add a tool rest and spin the work with a motor. I'd have the only spar lathe in the city of Rochester. Even "The Clinic" doesn't have a lathe that long!

Anyway, would you like to buy a slightly used mill?

JFC":2h1bkx5a said:
Sod the Legacy :lol:
Bookmarked to be quoted back at you when circumstances require :wink: :lol:

Dave, I second the desire to know what you're going to build. :D Boat-building-by-proxy is just one of the many facets of woodworking-by-proxy in which I indulge in lieu of actually doing any myself. :oops:

Cheers, Alf

Well, if I can sell the Lagacy I think I'll build an Iain Oughtred boat. Either Elf
Elf1.JPG

Whilly Tern
WhillyTernLug.jpg

or Arctic Tern
ArcticTernLug.jpg

Of course there's also John Welsford's Pathfinder.
PathfinderSloopDwg.jpg

Hi guys

and just when I was going to join in you go off on boats

My brother in law has a half finished boat sitting in his back garden and now he has retired to spain i guess it will never get finished. :roll:

Andy

Sorry Andy did you have something to say about the Legacy ?
Dave wants to be a raggie rather than a mobo so im not interested now :lol:

JFC, I resemble that remark! :D Over here "mobos" are stinkpotters. :lol:

Andy, you can still join the Legacy group without a boat. I think you have to have a Legacy mill though. I could be wrong.

Back