Dust masks revisited.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I to assume the main decision was made based on weight? That's what has put me off the Trend version. However both types might not be good for my back.

Looks as though you could turn underwater with that one :lol:

Is this because the Trend wasn't eddective enough for you Chas? I am aware that you a really susceptible to dust problems. I hope this one works well for you but you can't have the Iroko back :lol:

Pete

cornucopia":2qok5s45 said:
very intresting chas- where did you get this unit from? 3m don't supply direct do they?
I picked it up from Greenham's (see links above) Bristol branch George, they sell on line with a price discount but waiting in for parcel deliveries usually disrupts us so much, I paid counter cost.

wizer":22mzyiji said:
Am I to assume the main decision was made based on weight? That's what has put me off the Trend version. However both types might not be good for my back.

Yes Tom, weight was a factor with the new Trend, my main problem with it was the top heavy nature of it's distribution.

As far as the Air unit is concerned the belt supplied is quite wide which is comfortable and I found that after about an hours use I forgot it was there until I bumped into something stepping back.

If you are concerned about the weight on you back I would suggest you attach something of similar weight to a belt and try it, the air feed pipe is long enough to allow positioning on the hip or even at the front.

My back isn't great - I've needed 2 lots of surgery in the last 6 months - but I've got the Powercap Lite ... at a bit more than 400g it's very useable ... a very nice bit of kit, works very well when I've power-sanded a big platter ... and since my workshop is in the basement with very limited headroom, it's ideal

Cheers

Toby

CHJ":dln9cthv said:
cornucopia":dln9cthv said:
very intresting chas- where did you get this unit from? 3m don't supply direct do they?
I picked it up from Greenham's (see links above) Bristol branch George, they sell on line with a price discount but waiting in for parcel deliveries usually disrupts us so much, I paid counter cost.

:roll: thanks chas i didnt notice those links :roll:

I agree with Toby the Powercap light is an exelent piece of kit I have had mine for about 20 months an can't fault it.

Malcolm

penman":3pyrseqm said:
I agree with Toby the Powercap light is an exelent piece of kit I have had mine for about 20 months an can't fault it.
Malcolm

Unfortunately for me the powercaps with their lower filter standard of P1 are not suitable for me, I need at least P2 & P3 not over the top.

Does the light version have impact protection Malcolm?, I was under the impression that it was only the PowerCap IP that had it.

That looks really good Chas :D
The visor is almost half the weight of the Trend then :?: which seems to me where you need the less weight.
How long does the battery last for,and how long to charge :?:
Is this the one Mark Hancock uses :?:

CHJ":11xrggmj said:
If you are concerned about the weight on you back I would suggest you attach something of similar weight to a belt and try it, the air feed pipe is long enough to allow positioning on the hip or even at the front.

Thanks Chas. Do you know what it weighs, roughly.

My fear about the head mounted versions is that I naturally slouch and lean. I think having this on my head would exaggerate this.

Non-Interesting Fact: My Dad was one of the original owners of the Greenham company. Tho he had nothing to do with the tools side of the business and was forced to sell his interest in the business when my mum 'took him to the cleaners' :roll: :wink:

Bodrighy":px04k6od said:
...Is this because the Trend wasn't effective enough for you Chas?..... but you can't have the Iroko back...
It was the top heavy weight that put me off the new Trend Pete, its filter factor should have been adequate.

No fear of me wanting anything to do with Iroko again, I have no intention of donning a full bio suit to handle and clean up after it. :lol:

wizer":23trqdbr said:
Thanks Chas. Do you know what it weighs, roughly.
Weights are in the OP Tom :lol:

The headpiece is lighter than the Powercap IP.

Paul.J":3dr4zu9e said:
How long does the battery last for,and how long to charge :?: Is this the one Mark Hancock uses :?:

The Kit comes with an 8hr battery Paul, there is a 4hr version but can't see the point. With the simple charger supplied they quote 14hrs for full recharge, there is an alternate intelligent charger but it's not cheap.
Yes same as Marks.

Looks great.
I think the only problem might be the air tube getting caught on something whilst you're moving around.
I've had a similar problem with my Powercap cable and now the power supply is intermittent :( I think it's just at the connection point, so I think I'll have to replace with a more robust plug/socket

Coo, Chas you remind my of my friend at work, that's how he dresses
He works in the nuclear industry 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[

John. B

Latest posts

Back