Dust extractor.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiskywill

Established Member
Reaction score
I have one of these.

s-l400.jpg

Can anybody advise how I empty the bag as I can't see any way of removing it?

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 290
OK, OK, I was joking! :)
I don't know about that particular model, but every other machine of that sort that I have seen, including my own, has the bag held on by a spring loaded band-clamp. Look around the top of the bag, there should be a metal strap with a lever and hook on the ends. One hooks over the other and then is pulled tight. Open the clamp and the strap should fall off.

Steve Maskery":a9po92i7 said:
OK, OK, I was joking! :)
I don't know about that particular model, but every either machine of that sort that I have seen, including my own, has the bag held on by a spring loaded band-clamp. Look around the top of the bag, there should be a metal strap with a lever and hook on the ends. One hooks over the other and then is pulled tight. Open the clamp and the strap should fall off.

That is what I expected to find but on this one I can't. I will upend it this evening and have a better look.

Take the top bag off and see if there is a strap holding the bottom one in from inside?

The mystery deepens. Mine is an ADE 1200 extractor and I found this photograph on line
Extractor.JPG

There is definitely no clamp on mine either inside or outside. The bag fits inside the bit where the clamp is shown on the photograph. I will call into my local Axminster store, which I pass ten times a week, and ask some questions.

Attachments

• Extractor.JPG
    Extractor.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 197
Lons":3q1sfyze said:
Do you not have the instruction manual?

No I don't have a manual as I bought it second, or third or fourth, hand a few years ago. An internet search doesn't help.

The link you gave shows a machine with an outside clamp. Mine definitely doesn't have one.

Steve Maskery":2zfac20h said:
So why doesn't the bag just fall off? I don't understand this.
S
I saw one a few years ago where the bag fitted around the filter which just screwed off so there are different systems, can't remember what make. It's bound to be something simple just not obvious.

Take the top bag off and look down from above to see what you can see, may jump out looking at it from a different perspective.

I've come across something similar somewhere before. In the one I saw, there was a flexible metal band running through a hem on top of the bottom bag. This will deform easily into an oval so you can push the whole top up through the bottom opening. Once inside it will resume its circular shape and it will sit snugly on top of the inside rim of the bag holder. If yours is the same, just push inwards on one side of the bottom bag at the top, just below the rim and it should move in. Push in on the other side as well and lift up one end of the resulting oval. You should be able to drop the whole thing down and out through the hole. Awkward to describe but easy to do.

Of course, if this doesn't work then it's obviously one of the disposable models mentioned above and you'll have to spring for a new one.

HTH

Pete

Bale":rxjx91eh said:
I've come across something similar somewhere before. In the one I saw, there was a flexible metal band running through a hem on top of the bottom bag. This will deform easily into an oval so you can push the whole top up through the bottom opening. Once inside it will resume its circular shape and it will sit snugly on top of the inside rim of the bag holder. If yours is the same, just push inwards on one side of the bottom bag at the top, just below the rim and it should move in. Push in on the other side as well and lift up one end of the resulting oval. You should be able to drop the whole thing down and out through the hole. Awkward to describe but easy to do.

Of course, if this doesn't work then it's obviously one of the disposable models mentioned above and you'll have to spring for a new one.

HTH

Pete

That sounds more like it. There appears to be a metal band totally enclosed within the fabric of the bottom bag. I will try it.

Dust bag.jpg

Attachments

• Dust bag.jpg
    Dust bag.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 107
One of my extractors, made by Jet, has the metal loop holding the bag on, as Bale has described, just be mindful not to let the bag become too full as it becomes a pita to get it apart.

Hi,

May i ask, how much more suck this has compared to a shopvac, as i'm thinking of getting one while i'm turning bowls

Back