New dust extractor bargain for today only

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Tervueren

Ordered :)

The Bobbin sander I got from them - on special offer - is excellent

Dust extractor arrived at 9 am today; about 20 hours after placing online order

Mrs Cordy assembled it after returning from her voluntary work at National trust

First impressions are favourable :)

edit; The price is back up to £160 today

Quick test with 6 inch Planer

All wood-chips go into pipe which is just poked into the outlet aperture; motor is quiet enough :)
The d/e is fairly bulky but really easy to move around

Posed photos
idv8SQ7h.jpg

WP7TaPth.jpg

Probably a stupid question, but should I be using a respirator while cutting spalted wood? I wouldn't want to get any fungus dust in my lungs. :|

JameyE":3qows9tv said:
Probably a stupid question, but should I be using a respirator while cutting spalted wood? I wouldn't want to get any fungus dust in my lungs. :|

Yes and while there is any fine dust in the air.

You could get a particle detector to find out how clean your shop is and monitor it while you work. If it starts going up your DC may have a leak. It isn't designed to be in the dust stream so don't hold it in front of a table saw blade or beside the sandpaper while turning on the lathe. Sitting on a shelf about head level or on a stand a few feet away does it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... r&_sacat=0

I personally don't have one but the Aussies are playing with these. I have a Dylos that I bought before these came to market.

Pete

The yes is to wear the protection and not that your question is dumb. :wink:

Back