FOR SALE - workshop shut down many machines to go!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BHENRY1

Established Member
Reaction score
I have sadly made the heartbreaking decision to sell all my workshop kit. I have a back injury and just have to stop. It has taken me a long time to come to this decision but I feel kind of relieved so grab a bargain.

Most of my kit is pretty lightly used in the past 2 years so is worth having!
All have receipts and manual etc with them.
I have listed them on the darkside in the FOR SALE section.... see you over there!

SOme of the items I have for sale are
Spindle Moulder
SLiding Table for above
DEFT T30 table saw
Pillar drill
Band saw
tooling for spindle moulder

I am central Bedford.

don't want to appear stupid.....but hey ho!

where's the darkside?

might be interested in some spindle moulder tooling.

jeff

i'm also interested in some spindle moulding gear also. i'll have a look over there.

cheers

I am interested in the DEFT T30 table saw - got any pics and specs please? I am aware that the importer is now bust so cannot check on his website but size and pics of saw and fence plus opinions on accuracy of said saw would be great. Also whether it is 16 AMP or runs of a 13 AMP socket would be helpful. I am not a member of the darkside so have not posted there.

Cheers,

Steve

I have a DEFT T30 - great machines but mine will only work on a 16amp circuit (which was easy to set up).

Have a look at the Laguna web site the machine is identical apart from the fence and crown guard.

Rod

Thanks for the info and pics. anyone able to advise whether the cabinet and saw break down to fit in an estate car / MPV? Other reason for that question is that my workshop is in a cellar and I would need to get it down a flight of stairs - which if it doesn't break down significantly is going to be impossible!

Cheers,

Steve

StevieB":2j9h3217 said:
Thanks for the info and pics. anyone able to advise whether the cabinet and saw break down to fit in an estate car / MPV? Other reason for that question is that my workshop is in a cellar and I would need to get it down a flight of stairs - which if it doesn't break down significantly is going to be impossible!

Cheers,

Steve
I've seen Rod's Deft 30 and if you intend to get it down a flight of stairs into a cellar, I hope you've had your Weetabix for brekki...it's big and very heavy - Rob

PLANO clamps still available - brilliant and very useful. PM me. They are £200 for the 5 clamp system BARGAIN!

Thanks Rob. From the reading I have done it would appear to be about 250kg. Now this is overall weight. the SIP 01332 is around 160kg and similr saws about the same so the T30 does appear to be far heavier than the rest. I know the SIP is shipped in two boxes and the table comes separate from the cabinet and the cabinet breaks down. From the pics of the T30 it looks to be a solid cabinet that will not easily break down. Given the overall weight I would therefore probably need to drop orr the extensions, separate the main table and drop out the motor and possibly the tilt mechanism just to be able to pick the cabinet up and shift it down a flight of stairs. no looking so attractive now because of my situation, still looks an attractive saw though.

Out of interest, does the gold top do anything except scream 'bling' ;) Just wondering what the difference was as the top on the Laguna appears to be standard silver. I also recall Lyndhurst sold the silver and gold top versions but cannot recall what the difference between them was.

Steve

FOR SALE - whats left...

DEFT T30 gold top £700
PLANO clamp system 5 clamps £200
MORTICER REcORD WRM200 £300
DUST EXTRACTOR EB £100
LATHE DML24x £60
BANDSAW EB BAS250 £80
DRAPER PILLAR DRILL HD19/16c £200
GROOVER 30mm bore £10
PLANER THICKNESSER sedgewick PT £800
JESSEM MITRE SQUARE £80

PM me

Got you, found the difference between the Silver and Gold on the Laguna website. The dovetail mechanism adds an extra 30kg to the overall weight of the saw and it is going to be an absolute pig to take apart and get into my cellar.

I would still love this saw, but think head has to rule heart and say that it is too big and heavy for my requirements and massively over spec for the type of work that I do. On that basis I am afraid that I will have to say that I withdraw my interest and pass the agonising on to someone with an easier access solution that a flight of wooden stairs.

Thanks for all your input chaps, much appreciated.

Steve

Bedford's too far away for me to give you any money, but I'm really sorry that you're having to give up due to something as simple to get as a back injury. I wish you well for the future and hope you get some recovery.
Phil

Yes reading this was like a thunder bolt. Scarey stuff. The back is such a fragile thing, so many people suffer.

Back