Can you tell me owt about the Kity 618 tablesaw?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reasonably well built with a good cast aluminium table 680mm deep by 510mm wide.
2 extensions add 200mm each and can be either side of the blade.
Fence is OK, but no fine adjuster.
Mitre slots either side of blade for the right-angled mitre gauge.
Power is 1500W with 95mm depth of cut.
It rips 80mm oak with ease.
Very quiet.
Blade is 270mm with 30mm bore.

If I could find the manual I'd send you a copy, but it's available for viewing if you want - you're not too far away.

Forgive me on my first post opening a 2 year old topic, but I have a quandary.

Is an old Kity 0618 (Which I think are probably 30 years old now) 'better' than a new machine like a Ryobi 1525?
My thoughts are that 30 years newer technology may be better than a piece of reasonable older kit - but I just don't know.

Help please?

Also the 618 I'm looking at would need a riving knife and a blade guard - are these still available somewhere and if so, at what sort of cost?

Thanks.

riving knives are easy enough to make- I am sure that somebody would draw around an existing one for you if need be. Guards are probably not that difficult either, but I cant tell you from experience on guards, because I have not done so.

Beanwood

I recently bought a Kity 1619 from a forum member (humblewood). He had obtained a new riving knife and crown guard from Kity. I don't know how much he paid or how long ago he bought them. When you have made 2 more posts, you will be able to send him a private message (PM) and ask him if he can enlighten you. He seemed a reasonable guy so i'm sure he would help.

Oz

ossieosborne":1b2tvbw7 said:
Beanwood

I recently bought a Kity 1619 from a forum member (humblewood). He had obtained a new riving knife and crown guard from Kity. I don't know how much he paid or how long ago he bought them. When you have made 2 more posts, you will be able to send him a private message (PM) and ask him if he can enlighten you. He seemed a reasonable guy so i'm sure he would help.

Oz

Thanks Oz. That's most helpful.

Latest posts

Back