Bosch belt sander PBS75A filter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackrodd

Established Member
Reaction score
I've lost my filter box and 90 degree bend adapter for my Bosch PBS75A sander and I'm fed up with sanding outside and dodging showers, and it's proving difficult to replace, some on backorder.
Since my 4" Shopmate Belt sander burned out, this is all I have for belt sanding, and will probably see me out.
So (?) I wondered if a member had one willing to sell, in case theirs had conked out.
Part numbers 654 and 655 in the link below.
Many thanks Rodders

http://www.powertoolspares.com/tool/bos ... 08/spares/

I took delivery of a PBS 75 A Belt Sander on Saturday I am very impressed with this excellent machine.
Took me 20 min to make a plate so it runs on its back so its 2 tools in one.
I got it from amazon £78 and recommend it to anyone looking for a BS

However I have already put the filter away (sorry Rodders, but it might have a use in the future)
I simply connected the outlet to my vacuum cleaner ( I had a spare hose I found when skip diving) and used that. The workshop was totally dust free even after sanding for nearly 30 mins, which quite surprised me.

lurker":k56pjk37 said:
I took delivery of a PBS 75 A Belt Sander on Saturday I am very impressed with this excellent machine.
Took me 20 min to make a plate so it runs on its back so its 2 tools in one.
I have same sander and it's on my list to mount it somehow, would love to see a picture of your set up. Sorry Blackrodd my fittings are not spare though like lurker I (intend to) connect it to my vacuum.

On the back there are 2 M4 holes
I just got a bit of MDF and put appropriate length bolts through this to fix it to the holes
Be careful not to bottom the bolts in the shallow threaded holes.

Then I fixed a vertical bit of MDF (longer than the whole BS) at right angles to this so its hard up against the sander plate, this protrudes a good 5 inches above the sander plate so I can fix various angle guides to it as required.

Sorry about the hijack Rodders, hope my suggestion of the shop vac has set you thinking.

lurker":kv30vlwu said:
On the back there are 2 M4 holes
I just got a bit of MDF and put appropriate length bolts through this to fix it to the holes
Be careful not to bottom the bolts in the shallow threaded holes.

Then I fixed a vertical bit of MDF (longer than the whole BS) at right angles to this so its hard up against the sander plate, this protrudes a good 5 inches above the sander plate so I can fix various angle guides to it as required.

Sorry about the hijack Rodders, hope my suggestion of the shop vac has set you thinking.

I don't have a reduction to the 1" outlet size from the sander to my dust machine, and It's not always possible to cart the little sucker around as space is limited in my Berlingo, as I've sold the Boxer,
Don't worry about the hi jack, it's all the same stuff and makes interesting read.
Rodders

As an update, I "won" a filter box for this on fleabay for £3.60, and have ordered the angled adapter at £2.90 plus the post,
So it could be a reasonable standby as I do remember it working well when it was new years ago.
Is anybody else using the Bosch PBS75A original filter system that was supplied from new?
Do you just blow the dust out?
Rodders

Latest posts

Back