Been thanked ..... Have thanked

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melinda_dd

Established Member
Reaction score
just noticed this thanked thing in my profile bit on the left when posting on threads .... what's it all about... never noticed it before

I don't think it gets used on this forum overly, but it's a formal indicator for recognising one's thanks for help received :)

Now, what about a button that worked the OTHER way? For someone you find is providing no help, in fact, quite the opposite? Nah. In our world of restrained, dignified, reserved opinion, may I remind readers that it is possible to block yourself from reading posts from individuals you find irritating, inflammatory, opinionated or possibly, all three? My blood pressure is SO much lower since I thus distanced myself from a certain troll.

Mind you, we must also never forget, even our most venerable members, with posts in four/five figures, can lower themselves to 'handbags-at-dawn' behaviour. Humans eh? :duno:

Sam

SammyQ":3h4lrwe8 said:
......., may I remind readers that it is possible to block yourself from reading posts from individuals you find irritating, inflammatory, opinionated or possibly, all three? My blood pressure is SO much lower since I thus distanced myself from a certain troll.

Sam

How does one do this ? I can't find it anywhere. I expected to see a black list in my profile but no, EDIT, is it "add foe" in the users profile ?

SammyQ":23ho0b3e said:
That's the one. Ahhhhh........ :lol:

Sammy, I've just clicked the the little yellow thumbs up button but just to wanted to add that I've been trying to block one person for ages (Could it be the same one you have blocked :lol: ) and I didn't think it was possible on UKW 'tho it is on all the other forums I use. What a relief, I might even look in here more often now (as that self righteous troll was really starting to get to me :lol:)

Glad to have been of sevice Losos! It's such a simple thing, but makes such a difference!

D'you know, Noel, Chas, any Mod moderating this, what about a 'pariah' counter opposite each member's name? If we can see how many times we've been thanked, why not a "being ignored by x members" counter? I'm not so naive as to assume for a second it would dissuade or moderate the more egotistical, voluble and uninformed but it MIGHT just be subtly satisfying!

Sam the stirrer.

SammyQ":1acc4o99 said:
Glad to have been of sevice Losos! It's such a simple thing, but makes such a difference!

D'you know, Noel, Chas, any Mod moderating this, what about a 'pariah' counter opposite each member's name? If we can see how many times we've been thanked, why not a "being ignored by x members" counter? I'm not so naive as to assume for a second it would dissuade or moderate the more egotistical, voluble and uninformed but it MIGHT just be subtly satisfying!

Sam the stirrer.

Could well indeed be quite satisfying Sammy...
BTW, we're testing some software that analyses the text in each member's posts and build's a profile. Don't know how accurate it is but the results have been quite interesting so far. Would love to publish them but not allowed to, unfortunately. It's supposed to help us make more "correct" (or so the FAQs tell us) moderating decisions.

Noel":21vefc42 said:
BTW, we're testing some software that analyses the text in each member's posts and build's a profile. Don't know how accurate it is but the results have been quite interesting so far. Would love to publish them but not allowed to, unfortunately. It's supposed to help us make more "correct" (or so the FAQs tell us) moderating decisions.

Noel, forget it, as Sammy has said we're talking about humans here and as my old man used to tell me 'there's nowt as queer as folk' :lol: I'd love to know what your new software says about me and my profile, are you allowed to PM it to me :?: whatever it says I'm willing to wager that at best it's only superficially correct and at worst totally wrong. :lol: If you decide to buy it don't pay more than £10 :lol: (Now I've written that it'll probably tell you I have a pathological hatred of all software engineers :lol: )

Noel. you've started something with that observation. An idea, just on the perimeter of conciousness, let you know as soon as it gestates - or flies South for the winter.

Go on John! You know you want to! Good to see you posting again and good luck with the new knee.

Sam

Latest posts

Back