Bandsaw Wheel Tracking + Tyre replacing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dissolve

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

When adjusting the top wheel on my Kity 613 so the blade tracks near the center of the tyre, the blade then runs on the very front edge of the lower wheel, it doesn't come off and it runs okay but it's clear they aren't meant to be like this. Anyone got some suggestions on how to correct this misalignment?

I've read things on here to suggest the blade should run towards the front edge of the wheels on Kity bandsaws although I can't see why this is?

The tyre on the lower wheel is a bit worn, what could I use to clean it up as best I can? I thought maybe white spirit but I don't want to damage the rubber?

If they do need replacing are there any good sources for replacements out there?

Update:

After playing with the tracking for a good hour or so. As far as I can tell the actual top wheel racking mechanism works fine, It adjusts each way and lock fine.. But to get the blades teeth to run on both tyres they both have to be slightly off center.. Is this a problem?

My other query is that once it's set and locked like this, it has occasionally run to either side rather quickly when spinning the wheels freehand. Would this suggest something is misaligned between the two wheels or possibly the tyres themselves? The bottom tye has a few grooves in although isn't hardened/cracked itself?

Thanks

Random Orbital Bob":3jzodlix said:
Or just search in YouTube and find a million free examples

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Steve is a well respected contributor to this forum and the cost of his DVDs are very reasonable. His bandsaw DVD is the most recommended on this forum.

Neil

Newbie_Neil":1dx4e4hs said:
Random Orbital Bob":1dx4e4hs said:
Or just search in YouTube and find a million free examples

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Steve is a well respected contributor to this forum and the cost of his DVDs are very reasonable. His bandsaw DVD is the most recommended on this forum.

Neil

I have zero problems with the cost of the DVD, I'm just going to have to hold out til I have the spare cash :)

I'm going to make up a straight edge capable of checking to see if the wheels are aligned with each other. Neither looks to be bent/warped at all so I'm guessing the only thing to try next would be the tires. If anyone has info on good replacement sources or even material and info to make your own that'd be great!

Thanks

I believe I have sorted this now!

I corrected the wheel alignment, sanding the tyres a bit smoother and now it tracks much better!

Thanks guys

Back