Your best bargain buy.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coleysbiscuit":15spef21 said:
I dont get many bargains :|

Simon

Ah, poor guy! :( I think we should have a whip round and get you a bargain of some kind. Bet we could get a few suggestions? :)

Dicktimber - The Wife... 15,000 roubles at a roadside stall, India,

Yes - but what about the dowry that would have come with her? :?

woodsworth":17fvs8z4 said:
And i got the sander for £25 pounds off of Bigsoftmoose. £20 for delivering to Broadway where i'll pick it up the next time i visit!

This is more a gratitude post then a gloat. NormanKing Thanks very much. And also a huge thanks for bigsoftmoose for giving me the sander for what he did, he didn't have to sell it for so little. I was well prepared to offer £100 but he messaged me with the £25 before i had a chance.

pipper - now you tell me, you can send the other 75 notes down if you feel like it :lol:

no, while the thought that i could make a profit offering the machines individually here or on ebay did occur, it didnt seem ethical to make a profit off normans decision to "retire" or off my fellow ukw members, and therefore it seemed only fair to pass on the low price that norman offered me to those buying his machines from me.

(If this had been an ebay deal outside of the UKW community i would probably have felt differently, I'm not adverse to making a killing, but it doesnt seem right to make it off your "mates")

Thanks for delivering it today for me. I might be picking it up in a couple of weekends. Going down to Cardiff on monday so i don't want to do the travel thing this weekend to get it. My partners parents put it in their office, at least it is a cheerful yellow, *smiles*

Thanks again

woodsworth":3a5m79rv said:
Thanks for delivering it today for me. I might be picking it up in a couple of weekends. Going down to Cardiff on monday so i don't want to do the travel thing this weekend to get it. My partners parents put it in their office, at least it is a cheerful yellow, *smiles*

Thanks again

yep - i helped them get it in there , it goes lovely with their antique oak furniture. :lol:

btw its flipping heavy and also unweildy because all the weight is at the top - it also sheds dust when tipped up so if you want my advice i'd bring a dust sheet to protect your car when you pick it up.

My best is a Makita LS1040 compound mitre saw, for free. I pitched up to fit a new door for a guesthouse in Cricklewood, and the lady running the place offered to me before she'd even put the kettle on! It was abandoned in a room by a guest, and she was chuffed to be rid of it.

My most used is my Sargent jack plane, which my Dad picked up for me in a charity shop for about the price of a pint.

umm

this wouldbe better in its own thread - also details like picture, description, make and price are handy to have :roll:

had 2 real bargains tool wise

3 x Big Triton Routers from B&Q when they were going through their clearouts
Already had 1 in the router table
Sold 2 on ebay to fund Dewalt chop saw and still got one boxed for a spare
£40 each 8)
P1010177.jpg

Also got 2 x Hitachi 14.4v Impact Drivers for £49 each 8) 8) from Wickes one night on my way home from work on a (i'll just pop in to have a look round)

Sandblasting cabinet plus 20 bags of blasting sand for £20. Cabinet needed new gloves (and connection to an extractor).

Large (damp, unheated) workshop complete with pillar drill, Kity 613 bandsaw, woodturning lathe and various other tools included in the rent of our house! Oh - and all the wood we can harvest from the surrounding farm :)

tekno.mage

Yesterday: Scheppach 260 planer thicknesser from EEbyGumBay for £35:99 and it includes the table extension rollers.
Before that it was 2 x Dewalt RAS, a 110 and a 1250 for £100 the pair inc Trend and Freud blades

Back