You want rustic?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gus3049

Established Member
Reaction score
As part of the continuing story of the fig.......... I rough turned this yesterday just to see how much it might move.

Quite why I persevere with this stuff I'm not sure but I suppose there might be something in there. Yesterday it was round. Today it aint!! So if you want to do oval turning without all the hassle of moving the centres - use fig :D

Attachments

• 100_3694.jpg
    100_3694.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 853
  • 100_3693.jpg
    100_3693.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 853
  • 100_3690.jpg
    100_3690.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 853
  • 100_3688.jpg
    100_3688.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 853
Wow Gordon, you are getting really good at the carving lark !!!

Seroiusly for once, I like that and the shape ('form' se trop chic pour moi 8) ). I don't think that I would get away with it if I started taking big lumps out of any of our fig trees though?

Still ain't got the chance to get back into my workshop, but getting closer. I can now trype with 2 fingers. Shame itdon't improve the smelling thouhg?

woodyturner":86kucjft said:
I like it that's half of the fun of turning logs you never know what you are going to get at the end of it LOL

Indeed: One of the reasons I never plan what I'm going to do. The discovery is half the fun.

Jonzjob":hbcomtyq said:
Wow Gordon, you are getting really good at the carving lark !!!

Seroiusly for once, I like that and the shape ('form' se trop chic pour moi 8) ). I don't think that I would get away with it if I started taking big lumps out of any of our fig trees though?

Still ain't got the chance to get back into my workshop, but getting closer. I can now trype with 2 fingers. Shame itdon't improve the smelling thouhg?

Just keep tryping John and I'm sure all will be well very soon.

I much prefer that to the 'flower pot' types you did earlier, very attractive, strikingly organic shape.

monkeybiter":jmlgv7eb said:
I much prefer that to the 'flower pot' types you did earlier, very attractive, strikingly organic shape.

Thanks Mike,

I quite like it now but as it clearly intends moving some more who knows if I will like it in a month's time??
The flower pot is still moving after a couple of months. It has a huge jubilee clip round the bottom to try and restrain it a bit but the clip appears to be losing the battle :shock:

Back