Yorkshire hobbyist

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Way

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been trying to find a place like this for a while now, so I'm chuffed to have finally found it!

I'm 35, from West Yorkshire, with some gear and half an idea.
I suppose my biggest project would be a 3m x 4m garden room I built on a budget for my wife back during lockdown. Fully insulated and powered.

I've always been very interested in doing things myself, safe to say I've suffered the hard way most of the time as I'm completely self/YouTube taught.
My old man passed away when I was 11 so I missed out on all the experience he could have passed on to me as he was quite handy with his hands.
Still, when I can get out to my garage/workshop, I enjoy it nonetheless and it gives me a great sense of achievement when something end up not looking half bad!

I look forward to sharing and learning on here. It looks a good place.

Cheers

PS attached a couple of things I made recently to keep in the Mrs good books. Happy wife, happy life!

Attachments

• 20210313_214112.jpg
    20210313_214112.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210605_195027.jpg
    20210605_195027.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Nice work, and welcome.

I should pick your brains re the garden room; my wifeboss has informed me that I'll be making one for her at some point. You should post a thread with the details of how you did it.

Welcome to the forum Way, I was 35 some 44 years ago !! How far West are you, I'm in North Lancs and the border is just up the road. T'old folks came form Yorkshire still had a few rellies there.
Your efforts look splendid keep it up -- all things practical are therapeutic - well at least for me and keeps the mind active

Nice work, and welcome.

I should pick your brains re the garden room; my wifeboss has informed me that I'll be making one for her at some point. You should post a thread with the details of how you did it.
Hey Sploo

Cheers mate

I'll look at putting together a build thread but in the meantime if there's anything you need to know, just ask. I can atleast tell.ypu the way I did it haha

One thing I really do like with mine is the way I did the base. I used 1" threaded rod which is sank into concrete. Then cut down some c channel which are used as boots for the frame timber to sit into. Frame is mega solid and because its all on the threaded rod, you simply adjust the nuts underneath to level it all off.

Welcome to the forum Way, I was 35 some 44 years ago !! How far West are you, I'm in North Lancs and the border is just up the road. T'old folks came form Yorkshire still had a few rellies there.
Your efforts look splendid keep it up -- all things practical are therapeutic - well at least for me and keeps the mind active
Hey Redhunter, I'm as east as west gets lol near pontefract. Its funny because my council tax is paid to North Yorkshire even though we between West, East and south postcodes! Trust me to get the most expensive one out the bunch!

Cheers for the comments, I do try. It sometimes ain't pretty and I sure have a lot to learn but I love the process! What I'm lacking in tools I make up for in dogged determination!

Back