Workshop Wood Storage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lexx

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for a solution to my wood storage problems, and after a workshop rejig I was left with a section of pallet racking spare, i've cut this in half and intend to mount it to the wall with an additional horizontal shelf support welded on between the top two.

Theres a 6ft gap between uprights, I can get another section and split it again but I initially thought that I may only need one additional upright inbetween, but should I go with 2 to be on the safe side since i'm going to have a spare anyway ?

Also hoping i'll get away without diagonal bracing on the shelf supports, the shelves are 1ft wide tho may get a slight extension.

If anyone has any thought or suggestions, please feel free ...

woodstorage.jpg

Attachments

• woodstorage.jpg
    woodstorage.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 1,623
I used to store my timber upright, then decided I could store more horizontal so built racking with supports at 2'0" centres. This worked fine considering the weight it carried so I'd be tempted to have the two intermediate supports.

Looking back I found it a lot easier to get the timber out when it was stored upright #-o

Regards Keith

After blankly staring at the wall for the last hour I think I might change track, in reality I dont have that much long enough to be racked and anything I do have can be put on top of one of the existing pallet racks, I think i'll turn it into bays and divide it up for steel stock and any 16' lengths/D Rail.

Back