workshop wip

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

So anyway this is my first wip of my workshop stroke tour of mess.

Here is my wadkin table saw, and when i say it weighs a tonne, i mean it literally, it took 6 guys, a forklift and a pallet truck just to get it in place.
its missing a crown guard and riving knife so any suggestions on where to get a replacement? its also missing the belt that connects the riving knife to the scribe so again any suggestions please?

4642424320_5cd20248ce.jpg

The next bit of kit i bought today is this dewalt radial arm saw, which i paid £100 for which included purpose made stand from an exhibition company.

4642424326_73baf32b70.jpg

a couple of you may recognise this machine, i still need to find myself a block for it though and i am still looking and researching??

4642424330_3dfba9ccd7.jpg

next up is this scheppach P/T i paid 200 quid for it, its wonky because its on its wheels (which retract into the base to set it level)

4642424340_d047313140.jpg

Anyway i will be hopefully completing the move tomorrow and building the work bench and various stands once i have the convertor which i need to collect fingers crossed that the contraption works!!!

Thanks for looking

ATB

Mark

Hi

Thanks for the link, it doesn't tell me the Arbour diameter, very good price i think i will give them a call tomorrow.

not many people around tonight by the looks of things?

ATB

this link may help with part sizes etc .

http://www.daltonsmachines.com/downloads.html

its helped me identify what was missing from my AGS i'm not sure if they'll have the spares but its worth a go .

As for the belt if you measure the length and and the the pulley sizes (width of belt if its a v belt } and go to any Fenner agent they'll sort you out It will be a standard size .

Great that you can do the washing, get the beer out of the fridge and nosh from the freezer while you're working. :lol: :lol:

I'd partition those off as wood dust doesn't sit well with those appliances IMO.

Good to see you've got a first aid kit prominently placed over the washing machine. Most dangerous bit of machinery, 'cause once the missus thinks you actually know how to use it, you're on the slippery slope to domesticity :cry: Only appliance that's worse is the dreaded vacuum cleaner :wink:

Looks a nice space Mark.

haha, they're rules in our household, i pay the bills, my wife has to do everything else, it seems a bit sexist but she gets to keep her half to herself.

The domestic appliances are off out of they way tomorrow, i had to bump the saw forward 500mm as there wasn't quite enough room to run a board through where it was. But i think its as fettled as it can be. I am just waiting for the 40amp supply to be put in tomorrow to run my 3 phase converter to get the saw going, we'll see how fettled the saw is then.

I have fettled the dewalt radial arm saw thats now working a dream.

I have also fettled the PT and thats working perfectly also.

thats been my days work.

Also 2 record smoothing planes arrived today which i brought for a tenner (for the pair) from ebay to add to my collection.

I have so far picked up 3 jobs to do, since i have started and my workshop isn't even operational yet.

A barn conversion full of joinery which i have already sopken about.

The next one is someones office/study - fitted desk with filing cabinet and drawers and fitted wardrobes.

And the last one i have picked up today is a spa housing in a garden to also incorporate a sauna.

I will i promise do some WIPs for everything i do.

I am going to be a busy boy.

i also spoke to wadkins ultra care today about a riving knife and crown guard and a mitre guide for the saw, very helpfull, The saw in the picture is from 1973.

I like your rules Mark..
Same as our house; 'A trouser-leg apiece', SWIMBO says... Yeahh OK!

You have an impressive space there btw!

Regards
John

Its harmonious it works a treat. The space is a treble or maybe even quadruple garage that has been given to me until october until they move out its for one contract only then I need to find a unit which needs to be 5 times bigger

Back