Workshop takeover bid.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep! It's okay when there's dew about you can see 'em.
Living in a timber bungalow we have deep eaves and in the Spring we have Goldcrests working their way around the the building collecting any early webs.
Then of course there's Wasps!

Roy.

woodbloke":345co76n said:
I don't mind spiders at all. Apparently all spiders in the UK are venomous, but the the skin of a human bean is too thick for the spiders to penetrate. Now rats and mice is different, them I really detest! - Rob
Time to get a workshop cat perhaps?
The cats love my workshop and I've never seen any sign of mice in it. :)

I read today that a wet land spider, now rare in the UK, has been bred in numbers in test tubes and will now be released into the wild to boost their numbers.
Some 100 mil leg span!
Be afraid, be very afraid! (hammer)

Roy.

A few years ago I was working on a site that had some Tiger or Wasp Spiders living on the highway verges.
Fairly large with stripes and supposed to have a bite like a Bee sting!

Didn't go too close but very impressive to look at.

Rod

Chrispy":2e015rft said:
A long time ago I moved my workshop into an old barn that was full of cobwebs but also alot of old timber so to be save I treated same with worm fluid, it was about 10 years before I saw another cobweb!

If someone tainted all our food supplies with poison we would disappear too!

Leave the spiders alone. They eat woodworm beetles.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

John

kostello":6tfpi9f9 said:
I think i read somewhere once that you swallow a spider in your sleep approximately once a year..............

So that's why every now and then, I wake up with a horrible taste in my mouth? :?

Too bad you folks don't have osage orange over there. The fruit, sometimes referred to around here as hedge apples or hedge balls, is evidently a good spider repellent and the wood is about as rot-resistant as teak. It's also beautiful strong and flexible. The natives used it for making bows (French call it Bois d'Arc) .

Hi,

Spiders where around a long time before the Dinosaurs, they are ALL poisonous that’s how they kill their prey, the poison liquefies the internal organs and they then suck out the “soup”.

There are around 2000 spiders in the average house, you need to look at one under a microscope to see just how well evolved they are.

A bee tried to fly out of my workshop window where a big house spider lurked; it dived out and attacked the bee that had become trapped in its mass of webbing, bit it repeatedly, you could hear the bees wings slowing until it stopped. The spider carried it off to its lair, to have later.

Pete

Dave R":2mtqety3 said:
http://www.snotr.com/video/7861/Garden_Spider_Vs_Giant_Wasp

Wow, that is so cool, don't let the people on the cat poop thread see it or they will start breeding cat catching spiders :D

Sawyer":tuvrtdpt said:
Spiders don't bother me in the slightest and are welcome visitors to the workshop and even the house. Anything which kills and eats flies and causes no nuisance, is fine by me. :)
Even my wife doesn't mind them!

Same here. I'm much more concerned about the wife's takeover bid :shock:

Latest posts

Back