Workshop Move

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikefab

Established Member
Reaction score
So time ran out for the workshop in the dining room! The plan had been to build a timber structure in the garden, but that didn't look like it was going to work out in terms of the workshop size vs garden size negotiations, cost to build, and time to build when we have a house to renovate.

So I've found a workshop to rent 5 mins up the road in some converted farm buildings. It was a bit of a worry how I was going to move machinery and workbenches, but a local machinery dealer came to my rescue. I'd bought my Sedgwick MB planer and Wadkin AGS saw off him a year and a half ago when I moved into the dining room.

He turned up with his pallet trolley, wheeled the gear through the house expertly avoiding all new plaster and mouldings, and then craned them through the front door and onto the truck. At the other end he managed to drive the truck down a step and onto the grass before craning the machines in through the door again.

I didnt get any pictures of the machines flying through the door but did catch my workbench in flight. If anyone needs to move any machinery in the North East then I'd highly recommend Mark

8e75a92facf73ad55ec9808baefce5cb.jpg

Lets hope nobody was watching you move your workshop into it's new home.

Mod edit- please consider use of language in future, thanks,

lurker":z2dgsf4p said:
Lets hope nobody was watching you move your workshop into it's new home.
Indeed. I reckon it's pretty safe; there are some residential buildings on the site too. I should get some contents insurance though....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

That guy should get a big magnetic strip to cover his sign when on the job ...
And a screen around the sides for the contents
Hope your happy in your new place
Good luck

Having woodwork machines stolen is the least of your worries! I'd be More concerned about the Festools!

LBCarpentry":3jwzxoa2 said:
Having woodwork machines stolen is the least of your worries! I'd be More concerned about the Festools!
Definitely. Good luck to anyone who wants to crane the machines out!

mikefab":dhpj5yzt said:
LBCarpentry":dhpj5yzt said:
Definitely. Good luck to anyone who wants to crane the machines out!

100%, great point :)

Latest posts

Back