Workshop Heaven Passaround

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matthewwh

Established Member
Reaction score
We're going for a few items this time to make things a bit more interesting, all reasonably light stuff to keep the postage costs sensible.

How it works:
For those who haven't come across the concept before, a passaround involves us sending out an item (or in this case several items) for you guys to try out. Each person adds their name to the list and sends their address to the person immediately before them. We use a postal tube so that it can be reused many times.

When you receive the tube you try out the tools for a couple of days (please try to keep it moving reasonably quickly) and then send it on to the next person when you're finished.

Please use recorded mail and hang on to the receipt until the next person confirms they have received it.

The last person sends it back to us at Workshop Heaven.

What's in the tube?
1 x Richard Kell Adjustable Bevel
1 x Richard Kell Deluxe Dovetail Marker
1 x Cabinet Rasp
1 x Gyokucho Flush Cutting Saw
1 x Pre-Production C.I. Fall Mortice Chisel (the ones we have tinkered with) Due out Jan/Feb 2010.

Nice idea!

Any updates on the planes from quansheng?

Regards,

Ali

Great idea, and one that - since I have most of the items on the list - neither I nor my wallet are afraid of :D :D

OK so far the list is (I think)

MatthewWH
Devonwoody
Karl
Joe

If people could copy and paste the list adding themselves to the bottom of it we will all be clear about who's in and who isn't.

Devonwoody if you send me a pm with your address I'll get the parcel on its way to you. Karl please can you pm your address to devonwoody so he knows where to send it on to and so on.

Thanks for joining in!

Ali,

After a slight delay at the other end they are now on their way and should arrive this weekend. I'll put the listings up today so you can see prices etc. Obviously I can't do the photos yet but I will try to get them done as soon as the pallet arrives.

MatthewWH
Devonwoody
Karl
Joe
SVB
wizer
WellsWood (MarkW)

Seeing as Mark's up the road, I'll stick his name down to save it going to the other end of the country and back before it gets to him.

MatthewWH
Devonwoody
Karl
Joe
SVB
wizer
WellsWood (MarkW)
jlawrence

Especially as I'm in the market for a flush cutting saw - might as well try one out first :)

MatthewWH
Devonwoody
Karl
Joe
SVB
wizer
WellsWood (MarkW)
jlawrence
Head Clansman

It's all packed up and ready to go, postage will be £2.80 second class recorded.

Hi mathewwh

don't know how long this pass around will take to get to me, tail end charlie, if it near christmas will it be ok for the previous name to hold as i will be away from 26 th dec - 10th jan will this be a problem for you . hc

Martin I think you have to allow at least a week for each person. So you're looking at 8 weeks from today to get to you.

Is it too late to be added to the list? I've been away for a few days.

If not, no problem and I'll watch out for next time.

Toby

Too late?

Blimey we've only just started - hop on!

MatthewWH
Devonwoody
Karl
Joe
SVB
wizer
WellsWood (MarkW)
jlawrence
Head Clansman
LocalOak

Back