workshop extension making progress at last!! moving in now!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob H

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been on with it now for the last 6 months on and off the so called summer did not help matters. but its getting there now. i spent 2 weeks just clearing the space for it. its 18ft+14tf onto the side of the existing 18ft+8ft workshop.

heres some picks so far

making the roof trusses 2 days of cutting and welding
DSC00087.jpg

shuttering and concreating to level up the floor
DSC00082.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

finished roof truss ready for up!!
DSC00089.jpg

first 1 up
DSC00090.jpg

welding its a lot faster than joining wood!!

DSC00092.jpg

Rob,

that looks it will be a wonderful big space! There will be plenty of jealous people on here when it is finished......

That looks an interesting construction method you are using.........a cast ground beam taking the loads. What sort of walls and floor are you going to have? Because of the slender steel trusses I am assuming your roof will be some sort of sheet material.........corrugated iron or a modern composite maybe?

Will you be demolishing the wall of your existing shed and creating one big open space, or are you having 2 rooms?

Mike

it will be 2 rooms when its finished all the big and dusty stuff in one side finnishing in the other side plus it will be warmer in there. going the refit a roof to that too. the roof trusses are 50+50+3mm and the bars to link them are 50+50+6mm so it will be quite strong and the biggest span is in the center at just over 4m the walls and roof will all be corrugated sheets

I like you'r idea of incorporating the shelving into the wall.

YOu can pick that shelving up cheaper then you can pick up wood trusses

Is the outerwall also going to be corugated sheet metal plates?

Mcluma":1sgctrx9 said:
I like you'r idea of incorporating the shelving into the wall.

YOu can pick that shelving up cheaper then you can pick up wood trusses

Is the outerwall also going to be corugated sheet metal plates?

thats why we used it we have miles of the stuff all over.
yep its going to have corugated sheets to cover it there so easy to fit with the drill screws and then line in side when the funds have recoverd.

well its getting there now i am starting to get stuff moved back in and moving the new stuff in. its still all up side down but getting there there =D> !! i will post some better picks when its all sorted out as it should be

DSC00107.jpg

that ones a customers mines hiding at the top of the yard i have a 1965 2A with a 3.5 V8 kent cam and Cloyes True Roller Timing kit set retarded for lots and lots of torque!! thats if you was on about the landi!!!!! :lol: O i dont use it much at 12mpg at its best its alot of fun tho!!!

Back