Workshop apron

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not long back I had one custom made for me according to my design, that took a lot of cues from various designs - lots of pockets -7 in all not including the chest, but set out in a way that doesn't promote having "too much" in them.

A chest set of 4 pockets for pencils / small ruler, and a larger one for whatever.

I think the best part though is that all the lower pockets are covered by a large flap that keeps dust etc out, but will also lift up and stay up thanks to small magnets.

Adjustable leather across shoulder straps from thick saddle leather, all properly riveted with homemade copper rings and fittings....

I've worn it twice #-o :) **

I've also got a cheap heavy canvas one for keeping tablesaw / router dust off me.

**hopes one day to have sufficient skills to be worthy of it.

My advice - get something cheap, don't fall for the all the "workshop" aprons on Etsy and the like and then work out what works for you, what 10 things are you always using the most in the workshop. (which is how I got my design, and it can be customized to suit personal taste.)

That big fancy leather one (which isn't cheap btw) for me the pockets are too deep, you'll be constantly fishing around at the bottom for whatever drill bit, pozi screw tip or screws you just dropped in it.

The reverse is also true too many pockets like the one you can get from rutlands (which I have and is now relegated to the back of the shed door and I just use the pockets for putting stuff in instead of actually wearing it, it's too short for me anyway) and you'll start to feel the weight around your neck.

sorry, went on a bit there.

Back