Workshop Advice Needed - Tool Wall vs Systainers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These type of videos make me pi$s they start off by deriding systainers by taking one systainer off at a time, doesn't the Muppet realise that if he unlocks the systainer he wants he can lift all the ones above in one go.
I realise this is just one big advert for DeWalt but surely he could be more original, vantainer do plenty of systainers with drawers which lock together more easily than the DeWalt & would give him the same set up.
At the beginning he says there are disadvantages which are given at the end, these are
1. no middle carry handle and he explains how to fix that
2. No single tall drawer option so not suitable for larger tools
3. Clipping together not good and there is some suggestion how to fix this.

However you look at it, storing in boxes with drawers is better for access than boxes with lids. Consider boxes which are stacked, on shelves or used as a table base.

I found it interesting, informative and not biased. He has spent a lot of time thinking his layout through.

If vantainer are better then fine. If you do a video I would watch it.

The drawers are nice for usability but as soon as you go for that, you lose structural rigidity of the original box and you lose the air and watertight seal. Big negatives for me.

I'd like to know what the red rotary tool is that he's using in his drill to cut the shadowfoam. I'd buy that.

Back