WorkSharp - Rutlands

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcleod

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Anyone have any views, thoughts etc about the Worksharp device that Rutlands are now selling ??

Saw the original device in US couple of years ago and looking very impressive,,,but couldnt get one as they wouldnt support/warranty anything outside NA.

Now seriuously thinking about getting one,,,

Thanks

I have the veritas power sharpener which i guess is a similar system. I have to say that I really like it and it works for me but....
1. It will cut at different speeds on big plane irons and therefore you need to adjust the pressure accordingly.
2. To get a slight curve on the blade is a real knack and requires a bit of technique.
3. The sticky paper is expensive and very very difficult to peel off.
4. The papers clog quickly of you move through the grits too quickly.

On the other hand I find it very quick, relatively mess free and produces very sharp edges. I originally started on waterstones and I prefer to be making stuff than sharpening, so the system suits me. But is is not the end of all problems.
I don't know anybody else who has one but I would appreciate their views as well!!
Owen

Do a search I already posted about it a while back and someone did before me use the search.

Back