Workbench in Pine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Philip, I think you've done very well. :)

I like the fact that you've gone for two end vices. :wink: I did the same thing back in the summer. Only complaint I have is that they sag as you open them up or extend them... It looks like you've added a couple of steel bars - do they prevent the jaws from sagging?

Hi Olly,

Thank you for your reply.

The end vise jaws do not sag considerably, the stell bars help a lot here. However, they do twist laterally (as expected) when high pressure is applied to only one side (e.g. the first row of dog holes). Therefore, I will make a wedge that I will stick into the other side of the vise.

The front vise shows a little sag, therefore I will add some guides under the workbenchtop to prevent the steel screws from tilting.

In the future I will add bench dogs (soon) and some device for gluing up panels (maybe not so soon ).

Best regards

Philipp :cry:

Tom, I'd guess it has something to do with price? Assuming Philipp couldn't get enough of them second-hand or something? There's also less work involved with fitting those other vices.

Latest posts

Back