Workbench Advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No skills":2qfuowbk said:
Meanwhile back in the land where a young chap wanted to build a workbench...

...A windmill silently turns, tulips delicately bob in the breeze, and a lone figure cycles slowly along with the grassy earthworks of a dyke in the background?*

I'll get my coat! :D

So Sam - how's that bench coming?!

A minor tidy in my garage has turned into a major refit and a new bench is part of it, so this is all v interesting (well, maybe not the mass vs weight part...). I see a Paul Sellers pastiche in my future, but knocked up as quickly as humanly possible, so no wedges until the coach bolts start to give, scrap worktop instead of laminated wood, replaceable aprons out of whatever I've got, no tail or leg or underarm-whatever vices until i need them, dog holes to go in with a drill when and where required, etc.

jetsetwilly":1wfgk8qk said:
So Sam - how's that bench coming?!

A minor tidy in my garage has turned into a major refit and a new bench is part of it, so this is all v interesting (well, maybe not the mass vs weight part...). I see a Paul Sellers pastiche in my future, but knocked up as quickly as humanly possible, so no wedges until the coach bolts start to give, scrap worktop instead of laminated wood, replaceable aprons out of whatever I've got, no tail or leg or underarm-whatever vices until i need them, dog holes to go in with a drill when and where required, etc.

Don't forget: if you carve a mouse on one leg, you'll get sued!*

You'll be telling us you want to actually use the jolly thing next...

;-)

E.

*I'm sure they're nicer than that, but I still wouldn't. In my "workshop" they're real, anyway (see avatar).

Back